What Song is your Nemesis? And Why?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
BigBear

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:48 pm

mark wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Romanza. There is one simple barre chord shape that I simply can't get enough pressure on to make it ring clear. Very frustrating. I've tried everything I can think of.
Is that the B up at the 7th fret in the first part?
If it is, I've had the same problems with it myself!

Mark- That's exactly it! When I try to get all my big fingers in there I have to roll my hand to the left a bit and I lose pressure on the mini-barre and deaden it.

You are such a fine player, have you overcome this challenge? :cheer:

mark

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:00 pm

BigBear wrote:
mark wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Romanza. There is one simple barre chord shape that I simply can't get enough pressure on to make it ring clear. Very frustrating. I've tried everything I can think of.
Is that the B up at the 7th fret in the first part?
If it is, I've had the same problems with it myself!

Mark- That's exactly it! When I try to get all my big fingers in there I have to roll my hand to the left a bit and I lose pressure on the mini-barre and deaden it.

You are such a fine player, have you overcome this challenge? :cheer:

I struggle with this one as well. I can just about get through it, but there are so many hard chords and streches that there are always quite a few bum notes or buzzing strings.
I keep practicing it, so maybe one day.

Other songs I am currently struggling with are a fingerpicking version of Killing me softly and my own arrangement of Jerusalem.
Trust me to make something up which I can't play.

They both have the same problem. Just can't get them clean.

wrench

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:30 pm

A more accurate title would be "What Song is your Nemesis and DON"T Know Why"

Needle and the Damage Done. That C run is well within my skills, but I just can't play it faster than 60 bpm, and I've been stonewalled there for two months. Any faster and I first miss the hammer-on, then miss everything else.

waggis

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:05 pm

"Embryonic Journey" is my mortal enemy. I hate it! Jorma Kaukonen must have written it to torture me.

I've been playing this song for 10 years and it is still not where I would like it to be.

My progress must be inhibited by Sun Spots or Global Warming! :(

sws626

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Don't want to highjack your thread, but I can't post a photo to your wall and it doesn't seem worth starting a new thread. Someone at Photoshop told me they'd accidentally flipped your negative when processing your avatar. Here's the correction:

BigBear

Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:23 pm

sws626 wrote:
Don't want to highjack your thread, but I can't post a photo to your wall and it doesn't seem worth starting a new thread. Someone at Photoshop told me they'd accidentally flipped your negative when processing your avatar. Here's the correction:

Hey my friend, thank you so so much for doing that! That was very kind and thoughtful of you. Much appreciated!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic