What Song is your Nemesis? And Why?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
BigBear

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:16 pm

hasben wrote:
Bear,

I have learned from a friend that I have waded into dangerous waters. I mean no disrespect to anybody. Not you or anyone named Walt. As you know I am kinda new here. I guess sometimes I have a way of letting my fingers out-think my head. That said, the only person on this site I would ever intentionally offend is Dennis from Seattle, a personal friend, and a guy who deserves offending often. :)

Fred

Fred- you need to talk to Dennis about me! I'm The Bear and I love to get jabbed! I'm fair game! You can't offend me. I love to give it out and I love to get it! You can read these threads and see how often I am the target, no pun intended, at all my friends lame attempts at humor!

Some people are't as thick skinned (fur?) as I am so it pays to be careful until you get an accurate temperature. But good clean humor is always welcome and enjoyed!

Thanks for the thoughtful note but don't worry about poking the Bear unless he is hibernating, or forgot to take his meds as Andy often suggests!

Cheers! :cheer:

hasben

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Thanks Bear, good to know I can't ruffle your fur too badly...

But really, nemesis vs. nemeses? :)

And Chris, I proudly accept an honorary Muppet membership! I will have to go back through TG forums to truly get a feel for this-- apppparently momentous-- award. I have no doubt it carries a great degee of respect and responsibility.

Now, let me set something straight for the record: I cannot spel. In the second grade those who could not spell got to sit down first and I knew my prioties. So anyone who feels compelled to front me out on speling... well... you get the great-uncle-um...-walter honorary award from me. :P

Still, Bear, nemesis vs. nemeses?
That is something I must ponder. And google.

Fred from Muskogee

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:35 pm

I have no doubt it carries a great degree of respect and responsibility.
....em, more like abuse and pity.... but what can you do, a pat on the back is a pat on the back... even if there is sometimes a baseball bat involved... at least you have the grip for it! ;-)

Nice to see the Bear out and about, pacing and shaking his big fury head!

Now we do need to get back to the topic of this thread... what the hell was it?

BigBear

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:36 pm

hasben wrote:
Thanks Bear, good to know I can't ruffle your fur too badly...

But really, nemesis vs. nemeses? :)

And Chris, I proudly accept an honorary Muppet membership! I will have to go back through TG forums to truly get a feel for this-- apppparently momentous-- award. I have no doubt it carries a great degee of respect and responsibility.

Now, let me set something straight for the record: I cannot spel. In the second grade those who could not spell got to sit down first and I knew my prioties. So anyone who feels compelled to front me out on speling... well... you get the great-uncle-um...-walter honorary award from me. :P

Still, Bear, nemesis vs. nemeses?
That is something I must ponder. And google.

Fred from Muskogee

Hey, he asked what the plural was! I was just being helpful! lol! :laugh:

p.s. Nemesi is also correct! See, I didn't even origianlly offer up that one! And you thought engineers could only count!

hasben

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Chris,

I agree. We digress: My Nemesis or Nemeses is/are anything beyond Campfire Songs. I talk a good game, drive for show and putt for dough. Sad but true. For now. Fred

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:16 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
That said, the only person on this site I would ever intentionally offend is Dennis from Seattle, a personal friend, and a guy who deserves offending often.
Fred
Fred, that awakens a real feeling of TG nostalgia in me! LMAO! :woohoo:
You are hereby appointed honorary Muppet!
Dennis, we love you any way!
And then if your not careful you get the Grand Poo Ba headwear!!

AndyT

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Bear is correct. He often does not take his medication. So we shoot tranquilizers at him just to be on the safe side. You know how hungry bears get...

The Muppet thing... ;) Umm... You might want to reach out and touch someone when you discover its real meaning. :laugh: Better duck Chris...

While you are typing, any word that is incorrectly spelled should be underlined in red. Right click it and you should be offered a selection of correctly spelled alternatives. Choose the one you want and there you go. Be warned though, the dictionary does not know every word so on occasion you will not get the correct alternative.

My primary nemesis right now is any song I don't have a strumming pattern for. Once I get that, I'm good to go. I have two I'm really struggling with but I don't want to reveal them yet. Hopefully I can figure them out and then I want to post them as vids and see what kind of advice I get.

goldleaf

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:54 pm

My nemesis for songs from the TG era??? Melissa --. I started out listening to Neil play and sing this song and got to where I felt I was ready to record it with playing and singing. After trying to do 4 or 5 takes, I couldn't get the playing & singing without flubbing one or the other. I realized how much more difficulty singing added to learning a song, so I decided to try to play some melody along with the chords. I was not really satisfied with the outcome and I just left it for 2 or 3 weeks. I finally decided since I'd put so much time into Melissa I should post the video just so I could get some feedback and learn something from it. I posted the video and many TG'ers replied and mentioned that I needed to do some work on my strummng, which is obvious, but I still am in a position where I don't know how I could continue strumming the chords and play melody together. So Melissa gets the honor of my "nemesis" song and will remain so until Neil or someone can give me some ideas how to strum and play melody together. I ended with a month -on & off- of practice on this song and am basically stumped at this point. Gary

mark

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 am

BigBear wrote:
Romanza. There is one simple barre chord shape that I simply can't get enough pressure on to make it ring clear. Very frustrating. I've tried everything I can think of.
Is that the B up at the 7th fret in the first part?
If it is, I've had the same problems with it myself!

johnrfeeney

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:34 am

believe it or not it'a an old 60's song called "Traces" by Dennis Yost and The Classics Four

Think the music was written by a sadistic jazz player ( :laugh: )

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic