Uncle Johns Lead

Feel free to get outside the box here.
fredkusin

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:46 am

Like your video. I was hoping to catch the lead to Uncle John's band when I signed up, because that is what you were playing and that is what I thought I was buying???? Is there anything you have that can show me the lead and picking to the song? Thank you in advance...

BigBear

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:13 am

Fred- generally speaking, very few "leads" are provided by Neil. He does provide intro's, riffs and vamps, but few true leads.

His latest post on what's happening at TG tells you why. He isn't interested in providing note-for-note transcriptions, including leads, instead he provides the tools to develop the lead yourself. He feels providing these transcriptions is very limited for us guitarists and counter-productive to good guitar learning.

Remember, Neil and crew are teaching skills and techniques, not songs. The songs are really provided to help us learn new stuff.

Recently, TG gained an electric guitar teacher who may get into more lead playing but as of right now it is limited.

Hope this helps!

beaker

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:09 am

I gotta admit, I have to agree with Fred. Uncle Johns band needs another little bit added to the lesson. Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic