Advanced Search Feedback Thread

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Chasplaya

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:38 pm

TGJIM wrote:
Hi Everyone,

We made some changes for today based on feedback. Please check it out. Keep the feedback coming!

1/19 - On forum search look in threads as well as subject lines
1/19 - Show page of results when search is clicked
1/18 - Show 10 results on drop down

Big Jim
How cool is this for service.... Well done guys

tovo

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:05 pm

I want to echo Chas...I think it's great. Tested it out by searching for some really good video posts from a way back and found them quickly. Well done Jim. (and any other S/W dudes who worked on it).

deuce01

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:40 pm

ok so i tried searching for my name deuce01 and it found nothing. Then when i checked the forum check box it found something in the forum i commented on.

Do we have to check a box or all three..or is it supposed to check all areas if nothing is checked?

What are you guys using for a search engine? A search appliance or something like Verity, HtDig running on linux or some custom search engine? Just curious, I do this for a living...you can get a used Google mini appliance off ebay for like 200.00.

Lavallee

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Is it possible to add booleans in the search. For example I wish to have to look at all the conversation between big Bear and Lavallee. I tried it in the key word area as a single phrase and no results. this is similar to the search of Mark with the Beatles and Led Zeppelin. So I think adding the "and" and "or" fonctions would help.

Marc

TGJIM

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the great ideas and feedback. The booleans search was already in the works so expect it soon. We are going to lock this thread for now while we finish up some work on the advanced search and then Matt will come around with some words about it when ready.

Big Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic