It would be great if you could put multiple ratings like 6/3 on lessons with multiple versions

Feel free to get outside the box here.
michelew

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Neil and Matt - I'm learning 'Yesterday' today after watching the imagine interview. Thanks for this lesson. I'm really enjoying it. It's a beautiful song and a lovely arrangement. I haven't looked at the lesson before because I was intimidated by the 6 grading and had decided to tackle it later. I'm learning the accompaniment version, which is obviously much easier than a 6.

My feedback - It would be great if you could put multiple gradings on lessons that have more than one version/lesson in them and different gradings.

Great lesson!

Thank you!

Michele

BigBear

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Great idea Michele! I think the ratings, which are highly subjective in my view, may scare people off from even attempting a song because they don't see themselves as good enough players to tackle a particular tune.

I like the idea of a rating for strummers and fingerpickers and a higher rating for soloists and advanced technique players. Sultans of Swing is another one that comes to mind.

Pizza karma to you Michele! :cheer:

Lavallee

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:21 pm

I am with you Michele, great suggestion because that comment comes out pretty often (not looking at a song because it seems too difficult)

I wonder if it would be possible that when you hover the mouse and pause over the rating of a given song that a pennant would show (like in windows over an icon). Then a short description of the difficulty would be listed.

Marc

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:03 am

Good suggestion Michele, i've noted a few songs rated high that can be attempted at a lower level.

sws626

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 am

This a really good idea, Michele. I also find that I'm much more motivated to spend time on an easier song if I know I can develop it later into something more complex and interesting as my playing improves.

Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic