smilguitar New Acoustic Songs !

Feel free to get outside the box here.
dennisg

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:02 pm

kennyf wrote:
TGMatt wrote:
But your first post to your channel to promote yourself is not how we do things around here..
Posting your own youtube performance videos is not allowed? Really? :unsure:

Okay... :dry:

I thought that they were pretty good myself. B)
Kenny,

Like everyone else, I'm trying to understand Matt's post. I think what he's saying, and correct me if I'm wrong, Matt, is that the uploading of videos is something we do for the purpose of soliciting input from fellow TGers. The original poster wasn't doing that. According to him, he was posting to promote his music career. While I think the guy's a great player, I'm really not here to watch music videos. I'm here to help and be helped by my TG homies. Matt also said that he intends to create a space on the site just for people to promote their music. I think that's great because it gives us the option to choose whether or not we want to watch such videos.

TGMatt

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

dennisg wrote:
kennyf wrote:
TGMatt wrote:
But your first post to your channel to promote yourself is not how we do things around here..

Kenny,

Like everyone else, I'm trying to understand Matt's post. I think what he's saying, and correct me if I'm wrong, Matt, is that the uploading of videos is something we do for the purpose of soliciting input from fellow TGers. The original poster wasn't doing that. According to him, he was posting to promote his music career. While I think the guy's a great player, I'm really not here to watch music videos. I'm here to help and be helped by my TG homies. Matt also said that he intends to create a space on the site just for people to promote their music. I think that's great because it gives us the option to choose whether or not we want to watch such videos.
Snap Dennis

hasben

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Dennis, I think you a dead on right. I too enjoyed and greatly appreciated the skill of that young man. What I missed was: he was an interloper to this site, and if allowed, then the site becomes youtube. I don't know, but the administration (Matt) allowed the boy to continue for a while, but then, wisely shut him off. God, I feel bad now; I offered my daugher to him :laugh:

KennyF

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:26 pm

TGMatt wrote:
kennyf wrote:
TGMatt wrote:

That is not what I said or meant..

Let me make this really really clear

The performances are superb...Don't mix what I said here..

His intentions were to get attention to his music (which is great) but also to promote himself...

He does not heck with us first ( a courtesy that anyone should extend)

This was his first post..No other contributions...just hey look at me..

And we have plans for this which I have made clear and extended to him and anyone else to discuss..

We have made this point over and over and over...

If you post a performance of yourself in the student channel that is great and we encourage it...

So be really really clear ....

This is the way we do things here...and one of the reasons this place is becoming a great community, because their is a method to the madness..

And again I extend a huge welcome to his obvious talent..and look forward to him building a relationship with us and the community..
Geeezzz... Relax man. What are you getting all nuts about?

Deep breaths man... Deep breaths... :laugh:

TGMatt

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Kenny

Respectfully (something you have not shown me)

I am not going NUTS nor do I need to take a deep breath...

This community and website is being nurtured...by myself and the the TG team and some truly great people who understand the general direction we are heading...my response was clear , I think free of major grammatical errors, and possibly spelling...

I think I articulated the response well, and this not new news...some of you may not understand or plainly just disagree..but their (there) are a million guitar sites you can post links in...and do whatever the hell you want...we and I specifically want to take this site in a different direction for the good of the members..and ultimately all of us (yes that includes the business)..

(a) this is not my first rodeo
(b) no-one has attempted to what we want to do long term
(c) This place is different because of how we do stuff

I would rather have a smaller group of folk who care truly care about each other, and for the good of the environment (ie don't piss in the pool you swim in), than a million folk just posting what effectively is self promotion, spam or whatever they please ..

And frankly I just do not care one whiff if you don't agree...I just do not care .... we will continue to build what we think is a great place with a certain set of rules...some of which may change and be modified..(likely)

For now these are the boundaries....like em or not they are what they are...

So no I am not going NUTS nor do I need to take a yoga class...

hasben

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Matt, when you mentioned "rodeo" you had me! I agree with your approach to building and maintaing this site. And, I still have a daughter... :laugh: :laugh:

Fred from Muskogee where rodeo is still the king (along with Bob Wills), and our daughters don't come cheap.

TGMatt

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:35 pm

hasben wrote:
Matt, when you mentioned "rodeo" you had me! I agree with your approach to building and maintaing this site. And, I still have a daughter... :laugh: :laugh:

Fred from Muskogee where rodeo is still the king (along with Bob Wills), and our daughters don't come cheap.
THx mate..

I just love that photo avatar mate..

As for daughters...possibly a little young for me ???....

AndyT

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Dennis had it correct and I was wondering how long Smilguitar would be allowed to post as he did.

All that aside...

Fred. I heard Chris is single....

hasben

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:06 pm

To Chris or Matt or any of you other horny brothers out there: My daughter is not up for sale, even though I might have "promoted" her, somewhat. Hey, the dude could flat-ass play the guitar! Lauren, my daugher, is HIS loss-- he should have joined Target...

I was only being happy. But all in all, good call, Matt.
Fred :)

TGMatt

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 pm

hasben wrote:
To Chris or Matt or any of you other horny brothers out there: My daughter is not up for sale, even though I might have "promoted" her, somewhat. Hey, the dude could flat-ass play the guitar! Lauren, my daugher, is HIS loss-- he should have joined Target...

I was only being happy. But all in all, good call, Matt.
Fred :)
lol..

I was actually being subtly complimentary to your age mate...

If smilguitar reads the thread...then pls get involved in the community if you are not part of target it is not an issue at all, Im sure we can all learn something from you..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic