Video Library??

Feel free to get outside the box here.
MarkM

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:24 am

Hello TG team. I've noticed that I've been trying to look up some older video's that folks here have done a while ago and having to scroll through pages before I can get to it. For instance if I wanted to look up Dennis's "Junk" video or Suzi's Needle and the Damage Done, I have to go to the uploaded videos for review catagory and scroll through until I find it. My other option is to go to the TG Youtube site and scroll through pages there. Is there a way to set up a page or through the profile section that have all an individuals uploaded videos associated with the person who did them?

This would make it so much easier to look up videos as well as see the progression folks are making over time. It's just a thought. I have no idea how to logistically get this done from a web page design perspective. If there is an easier way to do it than the way I'm doing now I'm all ears. Thanks.

MarkM

sws626

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:49 am

I know that some of these have been collected in a section of the Master Menu, which is convenient, but incomplete.

willem

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Mark,, master menu.. left side....scroll down....student video's...otherwise you tube,,targetstudentreviews,,,show all...

MarkM

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 pm

willem wrote:
Mark,, master menu.. left side....scroll down....student video's...otherwise you tube,,targetstudentreviews,,,show all...
I see them there but there really is only a handful. I was just wondering if there was a way to associate individuals with all of their video's. Thats all. No big deal. Maybe in a future revision of the site. I'm not complaining mind you. I think the site is fantastic and really haven't had any trouble finding what I'm looking for. I just thought that this would be a good feature. I'll go back to my hole now........

MarkM

TGMike

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi,

I saw this thread and so I wanted to test the advanced search a little. Using advanced search and being specific and absolutely correct in keyword I was able to check off forum and find Dennis's junk. Thing is you have to use the exact username So I searched on "dennisg + junk" without the quotes of course, checked forum, and the results showed below showing his video.

I know the adv. search is still in beta but it does seem to be usable it just takes some getting used to.

hasben

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:06 pm

TGMike wrote:
Hi,

I saw this thread and so I wanted to test the advanced search a little. Using advanced search and being specific and absolutely correct in keyword I was able to check off forum and find Dennis's junk. Thing is you have to use the exact username So I searched on "dennisg + junk" without the quotes of course, checked forum, and the results showed below showing his video.

I know the adv. search is still in beta but it does seem to be usable it just takes some getting used to.
I can confirm that finding Dennis's "junk" is indeed difficult without magnification. :laugh: Fred

TGMatt

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:27 pm

hasben wrote:
TGMike wrote:
Hi,

I can confirm that finding Dennis's "junk" is indeed difficult without magnification. :laugh: Fred
Post of the year nomination

goldleaf

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:55 pm

I noticed that under Student Videos in the Master Menu that only 2 of my 4 Student Review Posts are there. It would be nice to have a complete record of all the video's posted by all the TG members. I'm not sure why some of them are on the Master List and others are not. Gary

sws626

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:12 pm

MarkM wrote:

I was just wondering if there was a way to associate individuals with all of their video's. ...

MarkM
That's a great idea -- to have a section in each member's profile that contains links to all of their uploaded videos -- or at least to the threads they have started under that heading in the forum.

I know it's possible to use the search engine for this, but it would still be nice to find them collected in a user's profile.

haoli25

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:19 pm

That would also have been helpful to me when I was trying to steal a photo for my "AIN'T NO BLACK MAGIC TOM PETTY" avatar. :laugh: Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic