Irish Dance (Hector Garcia)

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Rod

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:49 am

Ah the irony's not lost on me that I'm sitting here in Ireland and for the first time I'm going to learn a traditional
type Irish song from a US based site with a teacher from Peru. I really should spend a bit more time learning about
my own countries traditional music. Great lesson Hector I hope your a permanent fixture from now on at totally guitars.
I'd really love to learn some Spanish guitar pieces and explore the techniques you guys use.
Great find Neil.

BigBear

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Rod- you SHOULD learn more about your native music because Ireland is blessed with some of the most beautiful music ever written. If you don't like traditional Irish music, you don't like music period! I'm 1/4 Irish (Kelly, County Cork) and your music just seems to touch my soul.

Hector is amazing and I can't praise Neil and Matt enough for finding (knowing?) and making him available to us. What a gift! And I don't even play classical guitar.

Cheers! :cheer:

Jerrydixon

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Great song. I am enjoying learning it. However, I don't thing this song is a 1 on the difficulty scale. I would at least give it a 3 due to the fingerpicking. Don't sell it short.

waggis

Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:44 am

Hi Rod-I spend a view days in Doolin, County Clare and was awestruck by the richness of Irish Traditional music there. You should really take advantage of you location. As far as "Irish Dance" I very much like it, but was surprised that Hector's 1st piece was not a South American piece.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic