YouTube Upload Questions.

Feel free to get outside the box here.
mcfingers

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Ok, The camera I ordered is on back-order so I am going to post a video using the webcam in my iMac. it seems to have done a pretty good job so maybe I should cancel the camera?? It's a Kodak Zi8. Anyway.... back to the point.
I have never done this before so I have a couple of questions.
I saved the video as a medium formatted 640x360 mp4. Is that OK? What resolution should I be using? I could have exported it as an HD 1280x720 movie but it would have taken quite awhile to upload. I think I understand TGJim's instructions. I was just wondering about the video resolution part. The file is about 36MB, so it's not too huge. I understand you can upload up to 2gigs.

Thanks
Steve

Lavallee

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Steve the files I upload are im >mov format and are between 100 and 200 Mb. So there is no problem at 36.

Regarding the ZI8 look at Izzy video, she is using one, great video.

Marc

Music Junkie

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:57 pm

Steve:

Your file size is no problem at all. I don't believe mp4 is a problem either. Give it a go. Just follow the instruction for signing into the TG student site at YT. Once you are there just click on the upload button and follow the instructions. Point it to the location you have your video stored on the puter and that should be it.

MJ

mcfingers

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Steve the files I upload are im >mov format and are between 100 and 200 Mb. So there is no problem at 36.

Regarding the ZI8 look at Izzy video, she is using one, great video.

Marc
Thanks Marc, I did see Izzy's video and that's why I choose that camera. It was Awesome.
Cheers

mcfingers

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Steve:

Your file size is no problem at all. I don't believe mp4 is a problem either. Give it a go. Just follow the instruction for signing into the TG student site at YT. Once you are there just click on the upload button and follow the instructions. Point it to the location you have your video stored on the puter and that should be it.

MJ
Thanks MJ, The video, for better or worse, is posted now. Thanks for the support.

Steve

dennisg

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Steve,

I'm using the Zi8, too. I set it at 720p, which is what you need for YouTube uploads. No need for HD.

mcfingers

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks Dennis, That's good to know.
I am guessing it will cure my left-handed videos too. Apparently my iMac webcam reverses the image. Watch out Paul McCartney. :cheer:

Steve

Music Junkie

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:21 am

mcfingers wrote:
Thanks Dennis, That's good to know.
I am guessing it will cure my left-handed videos too. Apparently my iMac webcam reverses the image. Watch out Paul McCartney. :cheer:

Steve
Steve:

I know you are getting the new camera soon, but there are settings for your webcam and in there you can check normal view or something similar. Right now, it is probably checked on mirror giving you the left-handed images......I found that out by accident on my webcam as well... B)

mcfingers

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Thanks MJ. I found the settings and there was something for flipping the picture (you could even set it to flip automatically) but it didn't seem to have any effect on the videos. Pictures flipped but not the video. I'll play with some more but I'm not seeing anything obvious.....yet. The camera is actually run through an app called Photo booth.

Thanks again for the tip.

Steve

dennisg

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 am

Steve,

You can also run the camera through iMovie.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic