Gave Concerns About Totally Guitars

Feel free to get outside the box here.
mcfingers

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:39 pm

As the title suggests I am deeply concerned about this website and the effect it is having on my life. Apparently, so much so I can no longer spell grave. Since becoming involved with with this community I have consistently stayed up too late at night playing songs. My wife must now close the door when she goes to bed because of my late night practice sessions. Oooo, perhaps I can convince my wife that a new Yamaha Silent Guitar would show my desire to maintain domestic tranquility? Yes, I am sure it would... but I digress. I have become unable to focus on any one song long enough to learn it well. Rather, I find myself in a schizophrenic frenzy bouncing from one excellent lesson to the next. I have been spending uncounted dollars on new equipment, guitars, video equipment, cords, and microphones to name only a few. I am forever searching iTunes for new material or checking out the songs that Neil has already made into lessons.
OMG, I have even have a renewed interest in Softball.

Hello, my name is Steve and I am a TG addict.

michelew

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:02 pm

AHhh - I know those symptoms... well not the softball, but the rest sound familiar. You're not alone.

wrench

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:03 pm

You and 35,000 of your newest friends. Your story sounds familiar. Check out reiver's win-a-guitar video. He pretty much nailed every one of us.

izzyhara

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:09 pm

My name is Izzy, and I am also a TG-aholic.... :silly:

lmc831

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Welcome to our club........

Lisa

BobR

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Wow, and I thought it was just me. :laugh: :laugh: Thank goodness I am not alone.(I still want another guitar though :P )

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:18 pm

We are all doomed that's for sure..... but what a way to go, eh?!

BigBear

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Steve- it took you long enough!!! Welcome to our 12 bar, I mean 12 step, program! lol!

Since I joined TG I haven't been to bed before 11:00pm and my wife thinks she's a widow. I'm two months behind on my recorded TV shows and I haven't read a whole book in months. My guitar area is a mess with sheet music and tab all over the place. I don't even put my guitars away anymore I play so often! I've spent a small fortune on new strings and other "stuff". I have GAS so bad that I get the sweats!!

So Steve, my friend, you are in very good company here at TG. I'd like to say we're all recovering guitaraholics but truth be told all of our addictions just worsen with every new song that Neil amd Matt posts. I may now be a guitaraholic for life and they will have to pry my guitar from my cold, dead fingers when I go!! It isn't a pretty picture!

I'd ask one of you to become my sponsor but anyone here at TG would just contribute to my addiction! It's really sad to be associated with so many guitaraholics!

Steve, good luck to you. I hope you fully enjoy your relationship with this wonderful instrument we call the "Guitar"! I know I sure am!! :cheer:

ncsurfer

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Yup, that's me as well..... My tan has faded, the soles of my feet have softened, my fingertips have hardened, and the quiet lasts only as long as it takes to change my strings. I'm right there with you buddy.

tovo

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:55 pm

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. As I am writing this from work, I am gazing at the note circle on my whiteboard and wondering how anyone could become so addicted. You are all very weak people. Get a grip. I think I'll close my door, grab my silent guitar and write a song about it. That meeting to discuss a sudden drop-off in my work performance will just have to wait!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic