TG is great

Feel free to get outside the box here.
leclercjm1

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:06 am

Bonjour,
I've been trying to learn to play the guitar by myself for about three years, not knowing what to do (pratice) or what to play. I was a bit discourage and thinking to quit and sell my Larrivée guitar.
I've been a TG member (Target) for about a month now and I can see myself doing progress.
Thanks to Neil, who seems to be a very generous man, and all the team.
One thing I would like is to see Neil play all the song. By example, Heart of Gold, Neil explains part of the song but we do not have the whole song in video. I noticed that for soms songs it's not the case. Some others have an audio file.
Bye the way, Guitar Pro file are not very useful to me and, if I were you, I would not spent too much effort with that. Of course, I don't know for other members.
Thank you again.
jean-marc leclerc
Quebec city, Québec, Canada

p.s. 156 $ for 6 months is a real bargain and I know I will renew my subscription.

haoli25

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:16 am

Welcome Jean-Marc. Glad to have you with us at TG. If you have any questions or if you need any help, just ask.

Bill

hasben

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:31 am

You have found your guitar home, Jean-Marc; and welcome. As Bill said above, if you have a question, there are many many good and gracious folks here to help. Fred from Muskogee, Oklahoma

Lavallee

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 am

Bonjour Jean Marc, bienvenue chez TG de Longueuil. We have a few people from the province who are members. Feel free to ask any questions or to jump in the forum with your opinions. It is very friendly. Of course you have the best teacher available just a click away.

Marc

goldleaf

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Marc, welcome, you, like me and many others have found it difficult to move ahead with the guitar while playing alone without anyone else to learn and play along with. I have felt for many years that I was not making any progress on my guitar and didn't play it very much for many years. When I found Neil and TG and the Forum where all the helpful people are there to help you, it changed everything. Now there are so many songs, many of them my favorites, I don't have time to learn but a few of them. Also the way Neil teaches on TG makes it so anyone who really wants to learn to play the guitar can. Hope you learn many great songs and have fun. Gary

d_dog

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Welcome Jean-Marc, we're all so glad you didn't give up! Welcome aboard.
I sometimes too wish that every TARGET song had a full song play-through, some have it, some have partial. Not sure what the reasoning is there.
As for Guitar Pro, I actually just bought it today, I haven't tried it out much yet, but after hearing others speak highly of it, and if nothing else for the simple fact that you can have a play-along at any speed, I'm sure it will be a very useful tool.
Glad to see you here.

tovo

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 pm

Hey Jean-Marc, welcome to TG. Glad you see the value of the site. You wil find plenty of help, all you need to do is ask. In terms of getting the full song, in my opinion Neil goes through the relevant chord progressions for verse and chorus, intros and outros, and I don't really think the full play through is needed for teaching and learning purposes. I can only imagine how much work is involved in putting together a 6,7 or 8 part lesson.

As I said, welcome aboard.

leclercjm1

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Thank you Bill. I may need help with the guitar pro files. I have Guitar Pro but it's difficult for me to see how I can improve rythm guitar with that.

leclercjm1

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Thank you Fred. I just can't believe I found that site ! The people are very kind. TG is so helpful that I feel like I'm steeling something. Anyway. Thank you again for your support.

leclercjm1

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Merci Marc. Je suis très étonné de «l'ambiance» qu'il y a sur le site. Au plaisir.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic