TG is a Great Place-Why?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
frybaby

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:24 pm

I log on to TG every day at work during lunch.
There realy is so much great stuff here, it's almost overwhelming.
I am not realy up on the latest computer technology so there are a few thing I haven't learnd to take advantage of here, nonetheless what I've mangaged to master has added immensly to love of the guitar, and the gift to be able to play... at any level.
So now to the point, a couple of things that makes this place work, and keep me comming back is Neils love of music and guitar. As I watch him on video whether talking about music or making it, get so excited and energized,it a joy watch,and even more to be instrucete by someone who realy love music, it's contagious. Neil literally beams with joy when he has the guitar in hand. It come through so clearly and beautifuly it's an amazing thing to see.

The second thing I realy enjoy is the chemistry that exist between Matt and Neil. It is true synergy, where the whole is greater that the sum of it parts.

So there it is.

Frybaby

AcousticAl

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:13 pm

An obvious thing to add here is if you (and others) agree with this post.. then invest in TG's future. Become TARGET members. You only see a fraction of the fun in the free section.

Sorry but I don't remember your specifics, Frybaby. I seem to remember you considering joining in a different post.

Anyways- to all that are reading this-- if you like the free section of TG, you'd love the TARGET section.

frybaby

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:01 am

Al, I can only imagine the advantages of full membership. You are correct I have mentioned considering full membership in some past post. Still do, but as I have mentioned in some other post, I am not all that proficient with the comuupter, and all the blogg stuff, wall writing group joining and ect. In fact it took me quite a while to figure out what an avitar was and then someone here on the forum... in fact it may have been you gave me instructions. I have a love hate relation with the computer, mostly they hate me. So that's one thing that hangs me up. The other obsticle is the $150+ - 6 month minimum. As Matt onece said though, if you want too bad enough you can squeeze that out of the budget, and I agree, but it caused second thoughts, especially..... well you know the drill.
Finally I was thrilled to hear last night on the daily update video, that the winner of the guitar video contest may (may that is) have the option to take a free membership in lieu of the guitar. Now that would be a tough choice. I have a guitar, but I need lessons.
With the possibility of free membership, I am working on a new entry today. If things go well and the computer cooperates I should have it up this evening.
Well there it is.
Frybaby

izzyhara

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Well - I hope you enter the competition and win a membership !!! Don't worry about the computer part. You already know how to look at lessons, and log chat in the Forum. What else do you need to know? Haha.... Besides, they keep making the website easier to maneuver, and there are tons of us to help you.
Neil does love what he does, and it shows. Matt is a kick also. The content for us Target members is growing by leaps and bounds. We sincerely hope you can join us in Target. Meanwhile, we do enjoy your posts. Izzy

johnrfeeney

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:14 pm

well said

michelew

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Frybaby - the TARGET program is really where the action is. There must be hundreds of songs to learn here. It's like a candy store. Really, there is so much you can learn - songs, theory, techniques, music history - that I just want to quit my job and play all day. You can see the selection if you go to the Master Menu tab - the green button above the the 'guitar forum' button. But, even that's not the full story, what will REALLY blow your mind is posting a video and getting a response from Neil. Now THAT is awesome!!

And that is still only part of the what you can enjoy.

No, we don't get commission. But, we love to foster and grow this fabulous community with people who love playing and learning the guitar. And you frybaby sound like you fit the bill. So, start saving those pennies. There'll be no going back once you've made the leap and you'll wonder what took you so long.

I hope we see you jump into the pool soon.

Michele

leclercjm1

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Fybaby !
You have said exactly, but in a much better way, what I tried to say in my first post a few days ago. I wish I had discovered Totally Guitar 2 years ago. As others have said and as Neil say in the video presenting the Target programm, the cool stuff is there. So if you want to learn guitar, join in. Totally Guitars offers the best of the internet, a place to share the love of music and interacting with a bunch of really kind people. Thank you Neil !

goldleaf

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:22 pm

There are so many great things about TG, it's hard to know where to start. So I'll just mention a few that mean the most to me. -- You can actually "learn" to play the guitar or learn many of my (your) favorite songs. I don't know of any other web site that has guitar lessons of songs from great groups and performers that have been broken down in 8,10 or 12 or more different parts so the average guitar player can really learn to play the songs. Some of the more difficult ones may require that you practice them over and over 100 times or more on certain parts. Neil tells it straight though, he is a kind a gentile person it seems to me but he is firm when it comes to teaching guitar. You can tell it means that much to him and it comes through. It is almost like "a wish come true"!!! (I wish there was someone who has the know how and would take the time to show me how to play the guitar) Yea, right, if you are rich you may be able to hire someone to teach you. But through Neil and Matt's web site it is even better than having to deal with someone personally at their place or yours. From the comfort of your home that dream can come true. Add to that wish, (I would like some of my favorite songs from great groups & singers,- rewritten so they can be played by a single guitar and sound really good). Where ya gonna find all that? You're dreaming. Oh yea, one last thing, I want it to cost me less than if I bought a cheap cup of coffee each morning. - Back to reality,-- I had not learned anything new on my guitar in over 30 years, even though I bought a few guitar songbooks & tried to learn from them, I just got more frustrated and the guitar would go back in the closet for another few years. Then I found Neil Hogan and TotallyGuitars.com and my wish came true. A real storybook ending where the dream comes true. As a bonus you get to be part of a family of friends on the Forum and have access to other teachers, like voice and classical & electric guitar and much more. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic