TG and Facebook

Feel free to get outside the box here.
BigBear

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:17 am

Thanks everyone for the great info! I found a few of you and connected but like Bill and Tony suggest, I'll probably learn the hard way. I don't share anything except with friends and I don't play any of the stupic games The Boss plays (did I mention Farmville?). :laugh:

Maybe FB isn't a good resource for all of us so if it's not let's don't push it. The TG site works fine for me!

Thanks again! :cheer:

michelew

Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:05 am

A couple of years ago I joined facebook (under a pseudonym - yes very naughty I know) so that I could play scrabble with friends and family remotely. Then the scrabble controversy took place and I haven't really played since. I also had the security settings at paranoid, never included any personal info and never included a photo. I now avoid it unless a family member in Perth wants to show me some new photos and even then they generally send them directly now. But, truth be told I often find out things that I'd rather not know about - the whole concept of 'things that should be kept private' seem to be lost on a lot of young facebookers. (Oh I sound I'm sooooo old!!!! - in my day ......)

I too am happy with the TG forum and am not looking for more.

But it is probably a good way of spreading the TG word to more people especially young people that like to keep in touch via facebook.

AndyT

Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 am

I use the Paranoid settings also.
I only really use FB for keeping in contact with family worldwide. It's the one place we can all get to easily.

dennisg

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:42 am

I actually like FB and have never had a problem with it. Aside from allowing me to reconnect with lost relatives, friends and people I used to work with, I go to the Taylor Guitars page every day. That's where they announce new products and where they answer questions people ask.

eagle670

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:29 am

Hey BB I sent you a friend request on FB.

Music Junkie

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 am

dennisg wrote:
I actually like FB and have never had a problem with it. Aside from allowing me to reconnect with lost relatives, friends and people I used to work with, I got to the Taylor Guitars page every day. That's where they announce new products and where they answer questions people ask.
Ditto... I use it to keep in touch with old friends from HS and new friends. Long lost family as well. Keep the security settins tight and be mindful of what you put up.

J

BigBear

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:57 am

I see on FB that a whole bunch of you are now connected! That's cool! I'll keep the paranoid setting but enjoy all my TG friends there as well! :cheer:

thereshopeyet

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks

Chasplaya

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:43 pm

dennisg wrote:
I actually like FB and have never had a problem with it. Aside from allowing me to reconnect with lost relatives, friends and people I used to work with, I go to the Taylor Guitars page every day. That's where they announce new products and where they answer questions people ask.
I'm like Dennis so far never had a problem. Its great for keeping in touch with relatives especially since the majority of mine are in the UK, I've also got in touch with a few old scholl friends that I would otherwise have lost forever. Maybe my settinigs are such that I don't get too many emails, to be honest not even sure what my settings are. There is lot more on FB than I was aware of and it seems more and more companies are using it eg Taylors

izzyhara

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:33 pm

FB is super good for keeping up with family members that don't live near me. I like it for that. I don't get a lot of emails, but did feel like I was stalked by my entire high school graduating class when I first went up there. You can find me there, and I would be happy to be friends. But as I said before, I am here more than there. So's if you really need me, this is where I hang out. Don't even get me started on Farmville !! I love computer games as much as the next person, but I think I get at least 3 emails every day from people who play that game on FB, and get to share whatever big farm thing they did that day. Gag me !!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic