TG and Facebook

Feel free to get outside the box here.
BigBear

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:29 pm

My wife has reluctantly got me on Facebook (and NO! I don't Tweet!). I guess even old dogs can learn new tricks!!

So I found Totally Guitars and became a fan so I get basically the same info I get here on the forum.

Then I discovered there are almost 900 fans of TG!!! That's great! I'd like to link up with many of them but I discovered that unless I recognize either their avatar photo, or the name, I can't tell who are members and who aren't. I found Andy and Joe but that was about all I recognized.

So my question is, does anyone have any good ideas how to connect TG forum members with Facebook members if you don't know someone's real name? Or does anyone besides me think that would be cool? :cheer:

Music Junkie

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Rick:

I've been on there for a while and found Joe a some time back. Check your PM and I'll send you the link to my page.

J

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:54 pm

I signed up on facebook 3 weeks ago to keep an eye on Ale who wanted to join as all her friends are on....
I'll seek you guys out and sign up with Fans of Tg too....

Chasplaya

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi Bear , I'm on Facebook, don't use it a lot really, friends also with Andy, and Jim56?? can't recall his TG handle lol. I think i've sent you a Friend request. Easiest way would be for TG to send out Friend requests... big ask though

izzyhara

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:12 pm

I have been on both Facebook and Twitter - but since joining TG, I have done all my social networking here. You can find me on Twitter (izzyhara there too) and on Facebook with my "normal name" - Paula Cox. I will join the TG Fan Club but otherwise, I don't go onto FB or Twitter much anymore. I am perfectly happy here. Izzy (Or Paula).

tom18

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Has anyone connected to TG on LinkedIn? I haven't joined any social networking sites but I do have a LinkedIn profile. Just wondering because there is a panel on the TG home page encouraging folks to follow TG on a number of other networking sites and LinkedIn is one of those listed. Maybe I'll just try it and get back to you.
Tom

haoli25

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:27 pm

BigBear, I got into Facebook about a year ago. I got out of it just about as fast. Whew! What an email nightmare. They should change the name to 'Stalkers-R-Us'. :S

tovo

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:52 pm

haoli25 wrote:
BigBear, I got into Facebook about a year ago. I got out of it just about as fast. Whew! What an email nightmare. They should change the name to 'Stalkers-R-Us'. :S
I'm with Bill on this one, Facebook sucks the big one in my opinion. The only value I see in it is what Chris mentioned in terms of what your kids are doing. Really, it's scary how much information my daughter has on line. But at least she is an adult who can look out for herself. The wonderful thing about TG is it's not a place that attracts weirdos. (plenty of lines there but they are all so obvious there's no need to use them) but Facebook? that's another story.

mcfingers

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:16 pm

Weirdo? Did someone call? Image

Catman

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:54 am

I've been on FB for a while. I keep my privacy settings at the "paranoid" level and I don't use the silly applications, so I don't get the email flooding that some suffer. I don't comment a lot. You'll mainly find out what I've been reading.

I find it useful for finding and keeping up with various groups of friends, and with high-school alumni.

I use LinkedIn also, for business networking only. I don't connect with business associates on FB; I keep the two networks disjoint.

If anybody wants to connect on FB, PM me.

David

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic