Fingerstyle vs Flatpicking

Feel free to get outside the box here.
tobman

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:30 am

Another possible Master menu subcategory of songs (and lessons) that might useful would be to distinguish between songs that are primarily fingerpicking songs vs. flatpicking songs. Just an idea. Of course many songs fit both so it might be confusing.

And another useful distinction could be instrumentals vs singer songs. Some songs are quite boring without the vocal part or another instrument to accompany, and some of us might rather not sing or can't, so tend to focus on instrumental type songs.

BigBear

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:13 pm

tobman wrote:
Another possible Master menu subcategory of songs (and lessons) that might useful would be to distinguish between songs that are primarily fingerpicking songs vs. flatpicking songs. Just an idea. Of course many songs fit both so it might be confusing.

And another useful distinction could be instrumentals vs singer songs. Some songs are quite boring without the vocal part or another instrument to accompany, and some of us might rather not sing or can't, so tend to focus on instrumental type songs.

Hey Tobman, I think you hit the nail on the head in your first paragraph. Many, but not all, of the TARGET songs can be played either way depending on the style you are trying to play.

In the second part of your post, all the songs listed under TARGET have lyrics except for the section called "Instrumentals". So I think these are pretty well broken out. And there is some real meat in the Instrumental section. If you haven't tried many of those songs they are not for the faint of heart! lol! I'm working on three of them and I've got a lot more work to do! But a year ago I wouldn't have even attempted any of them.

Cheers! :cheer:

tobman

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks BigBear. Maybe I'll suggest some Level 1-3 instrumental song lessons. Good luck with yours.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic