Electric Guitar Player Question

Feel free to get outside the box here.
riffalex

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:03 pm

I have read all the information on the Target program, but i ended up still having one question.
"is this program helpful for a electric guitar player or is it for only acoustic players?"

I was hoping that someone here would know so that i can do the right thing

Chasplaya

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:25 pm

I would say most definitely, this programe will aid any guitarist. Some things that can be done on electric aren't easy on acoustic, but Neil shows workarounds. The theory aspects which Neil explains so very well also translate for Electric. So no its not just for acoustic players. The site also has a new Electric teacher who willhopefully pop up more often.

Chas

heatndude

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:33 pm

In my opinion , If you listen to Neil and follow his lead you can pick up any style guitar and play it. I play both electric and acoustic But I find myself learning everything on my acoustic first then playing it on my LP. There is a ton of knowledge here especially from the people in the forum they are great ! Dont hold back joining Target it got me from beginner guitarist to playing with a band in less than a year !

Mark

BigBear

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:36 pm

This program is great for electric guitarists and many of us are! But we are also acoustic players. And classical players. And blues players. And hard rock playres. And on and on...

Recent lessons on licks and riffs is catered toward electric players but applies to everyone. We even have an electric guitar instructor who takes on some tough tunes.

The really cool thing about TG and TARGET is it's for ALL guitarists, regardless of style, skill level or type of guitar. Many of the great songs that Neil uses for his lessons were orignally played on electric. In fact, he just dropped 10 Eric Clapton songs on us so we are scrambling to try them all out!

I believe it's critically important for any guitarist to learn as much as he/she can about this wonderful instrument and then apply it to their particlular style. It would get boring to play the same stuff everyday and I really enjoy breaking out my Les Paul and cranking up the amp!

Hope you can join us! There is a great month-to-month membership deal going right now that all us old-timers are under so if you don't like the program you can quit after a month! For $20 bucks it's a can't lose deal!! But if you join you'll be hooked like the rest of us and spend way too much time playing your guitar!

Good luck and Happy Playin' :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic