Happy B-day TARGET

Feel free to get outside the box here.
izzyhara

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:58 am

Happy Birthday TG. Thank you Thank you for creating the most inspirational, fun and focused way to play the guitar. BTW I love birthday cake, so if you have one, send me a piece. :woohoo:

michelew

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:01 am

A big thank you to Neil, Matt and the while TG crew. What an amazing year you've had. What an enormous amount of work you've all put in (working long days no doubt) to bring us all what is undoubtably the best guitar site (if not music teaching site) on the web. I couldn't have imagined the progress I've made in 6-7 months and the world of fun I'd have with new friends along the way.

I can't remember what I did with my time before TG. My life is definitely richer for finding you, in more ways than I'm probably even aware of.

THANK YOU!

Michele

wrench

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 pm

First of all, thanks to jim56 for starting this thread. Second, guys I don't think we're trying hard enough here recognize TARGET's first birthday. EDIT - except for Andy, who wrote an excellent blog post!

I just spent some time on the YouTube student review channel looking at our videos over the last eight months, and what a fantastic job Neil did with us! A few memories come to mind.....

Like sore fingers, hand position, figuring out how to hold a guitar, barre chords, beginner lessons, the first songs, a little music theory that started tying it all together, where the notes are, the basic chords, adding a little challenge, taking on harder songs, thinking about music beyond how to play a song exactly the way it sounded on the radio, the new friends in the forum, seeing some new friends on video the first time, seeing myself on video the first time, being absolutely amazed at the improvements that we as a group have made these months, the use of tech we all had right in front of us, collaborations, being floored at how good some of our members really are, many really really memorable performances, singing, transcribing, original compositions, the support we gave each other, and the celebrations over our successes, and on and on and on.

I came here just wanting to play few songs in the time I had left in this world, and I got so much more than I ever dreamed of. I thank all of you for being a part of it, and I thank TG for making it the magnificent experience it has been through their vision and hard work.

I'm having a piece of cake right now for each and every one of you.

wammer

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Im with Wrench.........

Happy Birthday T.G. and thank you to eeeeveryone involved in front and behind the scence.

Tammy

abiliog

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Happy Birthday TG.
Thanks to TG Team and to everyone who contribute to make this place so wonderful.
The first of so many happy years to come.
Cheers
Abílio

dennisg

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:02 pm

While I'm posting far less in the forums these days, I do want to make sure I wish TG a very happy birthday. Thanks to all who make this wonderful site possible. Just know that its existence is life-changing for a lot of people.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:17 pm

My turn to wish TG a happy B-Day.

I joined Target within the first minutes of it's birth, during the marathon (over 5 hours) first live webcast.

I had been a frequent visitor to the original teaser site, and needed no further convincing:
I joined with determination, as if in the final moments of an EBay auction, and am very pleased at how things turned out.

Keep on keeping on!
Pierre

TGMatt

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:26 pm

you cannot imagine how pleased and happy Neil myself and the team are each day as we see you all grow and get value each day from our little experiment..

Made a bunch of superb friends..a few enemies, a huge learning experience..and a an ongoing opportunity to give as much as we can...and each day we discuss how we can give you more and more and more..

Threads like these are the reason we get up and charge as hard as we can..hopefully in the months ahead you will be thrilled with some of the fruits if that labour..

Onwards and Upwards...

Cheers

tovo

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm late to the thread but add my congratulations on the 1st anniversary of Target. The power of the web as a learning tool is awesome. Some do it well, others not so well. TG is not the only good source of learning for guitar on the web, but I certainly haven't found a site that is superior. Really well done guys.

Chasplaya

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:30 am

Well I finally made it to the thread as I wasn't initially sure this was the correct date to celebrate... But as it transpires this is the date TARGET was conceived although TotallyGuitars has been going longer.

Whislt I haven't been posting many vids of my progress that is due intitially to no CAM , which is kinda important, I can testify that this site has helped me progress in leaps and bounds and my closest critic ... my wife agrees, only the other night she commented that my playing has improved considerably.

So many Happy returns on this day and I look forward to many more with Neil taking the lead , Matt with his inspirational vision, the team behind the scenes beavering away to make this even better. And lastly the new found family of friends.

Long may it continue.

cheers

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic