Will there be iPad support

Feel free to get outside the box here.
rrhall11

Sat May 01, 2010 7:35 am

I'd love to see iPad support. Count another use in.

sj1166

Sat May 01, 2010 8:13 am

I never post...but I feel strongly about the iPad issue.

Totally guitars works only if you have a computer (duh).
Unless you are using a laptop, you have to be where the computer is.
Currently I am desktop-bound everytime I use TG. This is very far from ideal.
Everyone playing in front of a desktop knows this.
The iPad (whether you are a fan or not) is poised to become ubiquitous.
The inability to use TG on an iPad has been a major disincentive to buying an iPad (I also want to let them works out whatever bugs/defects the first crop invariably has).

Please, for TG's, and my sake, come up with an iPhone/iPad friendly
solution. I could then use it in my living room , deck, on trips.
My TG use would increase significantly.
Yes, my wife would complain more..but that's what they are for for..right?

I do have an iPhone and do use it for youtube-based lessons and for lessons I have purchased/downloaded from other sites.

An iPad app alone could seriously take TG to the next level.

AcousticAl

Sat May 01, 2010 8:17 am

I don't know a lot about the ipad yet- but can't you pretty much do what you're wanting to do with a laptop and wireless connection?

BTW- welcome SJ- even though you're a founding member.

Cheers.

dennisg

Sat May 01, 2010 8:34 am

AcousticAl wrote:
I don't know a lot about the ipad yet- but can't you pretty much do what you're wanting to do with a laptop and wireless connection?

BTW- welcome SJ- even thought you're a founding member.

Cheers.
Yes, you can. Like a lot of people, I don't happen to own a laptop, and never will. But an iPad is in my immediate future.

mcfingers

Sat May 01, 2010 7:39 pm

TGMatt wrote:
gchapel wrote:
Ya I have thought about the ap idea..and maybe...and I am well aware of the volume projections..but ...I dont care how many are sold..I only care how many are sold to people who would and can use the site..and this actually precludes most of you...

Having said that..I am looking hard..and am spending a day with some apple folk on Friday in the valley ; ) so ya never know..
(tongue in cheek response)
Matt, I already have my wife telling me I will never have an iPad, so I don't need you telling the same thing. ;)

Thanks for keeping the channels open, Steve

cavi

Sat May 01, 2010 10:09 pm

I got my ipad the first day it was available, and donated my netbook to my son, only to discover that i no longer could see my TG lessons, so I had to go out and buy another netbook, just for TG. That bieng said it would make my life way better if i could ditch the netbook and view my tg on my ipad. Major plus

michelew

Sat May 01, 2010 10:39 pm

mcfingers wrote:
(tongue in cheek response)
Matt, I already have my wife telling me I will never have an iPad, so I don't need you telling the same thing. ;)
That's so saaad. And you're going to groan and feel envious when you read this.

My partner is an IT major project manager and IT geek/genius in general. She brought me kicking and screaming to worship at the church of Apple. First it was an iPod, then an iMac, then she made me grow a third arm that is my iPhone. Now I'm told that I never know what's best for me and I'm getting an iPad whether I want it or not. Poor me..... I've stopped fighting it and I just ride the wave of joy that is each new masterpiece.

I use my iPhone to access the forum while I'm on the bus or during my lunch breaks sometimes. I won't use it for lessons.

There is a delay in the iPad coming to Australia because the demand from US consumers has outstripped all predictions. But, as soon as it gets here I'll have one, even if Sue needs to stand in the queue for 8 hours (or more) which she did for our first iPhones (on her birthday day-off no less).

I expect to do a lot of things on the iPad, especially music related, because I'll be able to take my tab and other things wherever I want to be in a hassle free way. That includes TG lessons if that is available. We have a network in our house so I'm expecting to use it on our roof terrace too.

We too are early adopters, but people are finding Apple's products so user friendly and intuitive that the early adopter model is going out the window and everyone wants to get on board the bus.

As you know, I'll be here for the foreseeable future regardless of whether you do something for the iPad. But, I'm expecting the iPad to change many people's lives. I saw a video of a New York woman who received an iPad for her 99th birthday and it was so touching. She's never owned a computer of any kind. She started using it straight away and is now enjoying reading and writing again, something she had given up because her eye sight is failing.

My 2 cents and honest response.

Michele

mcfingers

Sat May 01, 2010 11:21 pm

Hehehe, Not to feel too sad Michele, as my wife is so found of saying to me when I suggest she do something.... "You're not the boss of me." It pretty much works both ways with us. I too have been a Apple addict since 1989 so I think see knows an iPad is in our future someday.

Thanks for the sympathy,
Steve

P.S. I don't have an iPhone yet. I did buy our daughter one last Christmas and she does let's play with it whenever she's in town.

michelew

Sat May 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Steve, I have a tuner app on my iPhone called "Cleartune" that is so easy to use and one of the apps I use the most.

mcfingers

Sun May 02, 2010 12:36 am

Cool, I have one called "Guitar Toolkit" that is quite handy too. I will check out Cleartune. Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic