Very handy guitar-learning tool I just discovered

Feel free to get outside the box here.
dennisg

Sat May 01, 2010 2:17 pm

izzyhara wrote:
This could be very handy. Thanks for finding and sharing, Dennis. I'll even overlook the put-down on the iTunes comment. Yes, I am one of the 14.... Iz
It's hardly a put-down; it's an acknowledgment that iTunes is ubiquitous.

TGMatt

Sat May 01, 2010 3:29 pm

We had contacted these two companies some time ago as This is one of the few products Neil uses and recommends..so we will be announcing some stuff on this this week fingers crossed..u beat us to it Dennis..

For every company we love and want to show you it seems like they act at a glacial pace..beauracracy whatever it is, it is frustrating, as we like to move quickly here..

tovo

Sat May 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Great information Dennis, thanks for taking the time to share. Also nice to hear TG is on the case as well.

heyjoe

Sat May 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Thanks for the info Dennis

Had a look at the programmes, did a few searches, and found this information about windows media player on a forum
open windows media player and choose the file you want to play click now playing to have that track only, now click view and click enhancements, then player speed.
you can adjust the playback speed of the track you have chosen.
I've tried it and it seems to work, better than nothing, and free to!.

Joe

willem

Sat May 01, 2010 4:32 pm

heyjoe wrote:
Thanks for the info Dennis

Had a look at the programmes, did a few searches, and found this information about windows media player on a forum
open windows media player and choose the file you want to play click now playing to have that track only, now click view and click enhancements, then player speed.
you can adjust the playback speed of the track you have chosen.
I've tried it and it seems to work, better than nothing, and free to!.

Joe
If we want a soap,,hahahah love it,,thanks Joe

AndyT

Sat May 01, 2010 5:01 pm

I use Guitar Pro. I can slow it down and loop any part of it. I can set a loop of a 10 second part and have it very gradually gain speed as it loops. I know its not the actual music I'm listening to, but it works very well and I already have it.

Izzy, I'm one of the 14 as well. You're not alone. LOL

willem

Sat May 01, 2010 5:06 pm

AndyT wrote:
I use Guitar Pro. I can slow it down and loop any part of it. I can set a loop of a 10 second part and have it very gradually gain speed as it loops. I know its not the actual music I'm listening to, but it works very well and I already have it.

Izzy, I'm one of the 14 as well. You're not alone. LOL
ALright Andy,,but,,but you must have the tab,,,,

michelew

Sat May 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Dennis,

I haven't tried Capo. But, I use the Amazing Slow Downer and I really like it. You can use it to change the pitch too (e.g. to find the right singing range for you for a specific song and where to put the capo). It's really easy. I recently used it to loop (and slow) the guitar section of "Is There Anybody Out There" to get rid of the voice overs and such at the beginning and end.

There is also an iPhone version that you can take with you everywhere (which I don't have).

I've mentioned it to a few people, but was reluctant to broadcast the info for fear of crossing a commercial line.

I feel a bit bad that I wasn't able to introduce you to this months ago. If only we lived within 'getting together for coffee' distance... I guess we don't know what each other doesn't know. (Well... and ourselves when it comes right down to it). Still you've had the joy that is finding it for yourself.

Thanks for putting it out there.

Michele

smips65

Sat May 01, 2010 9:37 pm

izzyhara wrote:
This could be very handy. Thanks for finding and sharing, Dennis. I'll even overlook the put-down on the iTunes comment. Yes, I am one of the 14.... Iz

Count me in as one of the 14....

no I-pad
no I-tunes
no I-phone

just I be without

AcousticAl

Sun May 02, 2010 6:46 am

jayswett wrote:
Regarding the slow down of the moviemaker videos, can you give us some instructions for applying this XML? Also, is there another XML to use to get the PIP affect in Moviemaker?Thanks in advance.
Hi Jay,

There was a post way back when where I described how to insert code into Moviemaker. It was in a thread on 'Picture in Picture'. I think Tovo/tony started it. Will see if I can find it...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic