Guitar Pro 6

Feel free to get outside the box here.
TGMatt

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:03 pm

I also bought GP5 from Guitar Center (all they had). Upgrade should be free, but it isn't. Earlier versions should be able to convert GP6 into GP5 or another version. Guess old customers don't matter. The upgrade fee ($39.95) is way to high.

Chasplaya

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:35 pm

rd44 wrote:
I also bought GP5 from Guitar Center (all they had). Upgrade should be free, but it isn't. Earlier versions should be able to convert GP6 into GP5 or another version. Guess old customers don't matter. The upgrade fee ($39.95) is way to high.
Not entirely correct, small upgrades are always free, its only on major changes and a new release is warranted that it attracts a cost, also Arobas always gives existing customers a window in which to purchase at greater discount this time for Guitar Pro 6 it was $29.95 through to April 30th 2010 after release, thereafter it went to $39.95 which is still cheaper than the full price of $59.95 for first time buyers. They wouldn't offer a discount to existing owners if customers didn't matter, they are a business and lifetime free upgrades would mean they would not remain in business for long. I've had Guitar Pro (legally) since ver. 3 and had BETA versions before that and have not had any major issues with them. I admit having heard some stories of poor communication with Arobas not responding to Support issues, I'm maybe lucky or have more patience but I can't say that's been the case with me. Plus each version tends to be around for at least 3 yrs therefore $13.00 (4 cents a day) a year is not that bad for an upgrade for what you get, with all the free upgrades in between.

thereshopeyet

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks

Chasplaya

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:54 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hey Chas

Are you on commission!!

:laugh:

I wish... :laugh:

TGNeil

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:17 pm

pattymclaughlin wrote:
I purchased Guitar pro 5 a couple of months ago for $49.99. I thought it would make learning songs and reading music much easier. Now TG is using the guitar pro 6 format and I am no longer able to download the new songs coming out via GUITAR PRO because you must buy the newest model of GUITAR PRO 6 for $39.99. I don't want or need another updated greater version of guitar pro. I can barely use guitar pro 5 now. This is wrong forcing us to buy the updated version just to read the tabs on Totally Guitars site.....
Patty
If Guitar Center was selling a version that was not current they should have no problem refunding your money or applying it to the current version. Also, the pdf versions are just created from the GuitarPro files so those might be as useful anyway. I would talk to Guitar Center.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic