Upload Video

Feel free to get outside the box here.
leeson

Sun May 09, 2010 10:47 pm

So, I thought I would upload a video. I followed the instructions and uploaded a video with the new video uploading tool. It said "Thank You". And now I can't find it anywhere. I guess I did something wrong. Are there other instructions somewhere other than the latest update? Thanks.

Bill

tovo

Mon May 10, 2010 1:17 am

Bill you just need to give the tech support dudes time to put it on the student channel, and then you can link it to a thread.

Cheers, Tony

jayswett

Mon May 10, 2010 5:16 am

Your video may be right here:

Oops. I didn't mean to do that. I intended to link you to the TargetStudentReviews channel which is where the videos are placed by the tech people. You then need to create a thread in the "Uploaded videos for review" category, then link to your video in that new thread.

leeson

Mon May 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Thanks.
Where did you find that? I can't find it anywhere. I go to uploaded student videos for review and it is not there? Help.

jayswett

Mon May 10, 2010 7:52 pm

The steps to post your video to TG are as follows (Matt and Mike, edit this as you deem appropriate):

1) Upload your video to TG using the upload tool. The TG techies will then send your video to the Totally Guitars youtube channel once they see that a video has been uploaded.

2) After a reasonable amount of time, open your internest browser, and cut and paste this into the address bar: http://www.youtube.com/user/TargetStudentReviews

3) Find your video and click on it. Once your video is displayed, copy the address from the address bar using C

4) Go to TotallyGuitars.com and login. Go the forum, find the Categories section, and open the Uploaded Videos for Review.

5) Start a new thread, indicate why you chose this song and what you hoped to learn from it, and paste the youtube address to your post by typing V.

6) Click submit, and that should do it. Good luck.

TGMike

Mon May 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi,

Those steps are accurate. I will have a programmer look at our uploader queue to make sure nothing is stuck.

Yamaha48

Tue May 11, 2010 1:24 am

I try to upload a video,but nothing to see.
First i upload by the tool.
I see the texst thanks fore upload your video.
Then i go to the students channel.
I see not my upload,how is that posseble??

greet Anton

tovo

Tue May 11, 2010 2:28 am

Anton the guys at TG need to put it on the Student Channel, it doesn't happen automatically. So after you upload, you need to give them time to put it on Youtube for you.

Lavallee

Tue May 11, 2010 5:53 am

I am having the same problem as Anton (follow Jay's procedure, but it does not show up in the student section after getting the upload confirmation). I have sent a ticket and Mike is looking into it. So Anton, we should know soon.

Marc

TGMike

Tue May 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi Folks,

Quick update. Although we usually take care of support through the support area only I know with the recent changes to process things can get confusing so I wanted to let you know what is going on...

The way this works is supposed to be you upload through the system, we magically upload to youtube. Then you manually post in a new forum thread in the student videos area of forum embedding your video.

Right now what is happening is that a few of you, less then a handful, after we received your file youtube wouldn't take it.

So here is what is happening...

We are going to give you better feedback on the uploader tool so you can see the two main stages 1. upload to us 2. we upload to youtube We will be providing feedback on step 2 on the screen which we currently don't do which causes the disconnect of not knowing what happened if something didn't work.

We are also going to mix in some extra special sauce on top of that but you will have to wait and see what I mean on that. So give us another day or two but for now most of you are not having issues.

If you do use the uploader and your video doesn't show up in YouTube student channel within 2 hours then something went wrong.

We will get back to you if your video never showed up telling you to resubmit soon.

NOTE: Do not post videos to the student review area of the forum from anywhere but the official YouTube channel we setup. It must go through the uploader first.

Thanks,
Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic