Time to say goodbye

Feel free to get outside the box here.
wizzibiz

Fri May 21, 2010 3:55 am

I have been with TG for a long time now, but have finally decided that the monthly fee is no longer good value for me.
When this first started, I was able to download the videos and watch them remote from my internet connection, and it was a really good value program. I have lived with the new regime since the downloading capability was removed, but now have to very reluctantly accept that this is no longer, for me, worth the monthly fee.
I have no way to use the content in streaming mode for any length of time, so no longer really get any value from it. I seem to have ben be paying for content all these months that I am unable to use.

So very reluctantly I have today cancelled my Target membership.

Brian

willem

Fri May 21, 2010 4:12 am

Brain,, i find very sorry for you and a pity they could not find a way for you,wish you the best...be well.

AndyT

Fri May 21, 2010 4:15 am

Brian, I can totally understand where you are coming from. Having a fast internet connection where we practice at is something that not everyone has and it can be a deal breaker.
I agree with TG on locking the videos so they can not be downloaded easily. After all, that is where TG makes its money. Too bad its made it impossible for you to stay with us.

Music Junkie

Fri May 21, 2010 9:32 am

Hey Brian:

Sorry to hear about your leaving. Like Andy mentioned, I understand your frustration. Being able to download the videos and watch them when you want would be a nice feature, but with the way the internet works these days, that would be too risky for these guys and their excellent content. I wish you luck out there.

Jason

TGMatt

Fri May 21, 2010 1:04 pm

wizzibiz wrote:
I have been with TG for a long time now, but have finally decided that the monthly fee is no longer good value for me.
When this first started, I was able to download the videos and watch them remote from my internet connection, and it was a really good value program. I have lived with the new regime since the downloading capability was removed, but now have to very reluctantly accept that this is no longer, for me, worth the monthly fee.
I have no way to use the content in streaming mode for any length of time, so no longer really get any value from it. I seem to have ben be paying for content all these months that I am unable to use.

So very reluctantly I have today cancelled my Target membership.

Brian
Check your email..I have asked tech to contact you..I think you will find your streaming ability is improving and is about to improve further..next few days

buzz_187

Fri May 21, 2010 1:25 pm

SEE!! Now thats what i call good customer service, he spoke, and they listened, i can't even imagine what they had to do to individually improve this guys streaming ability. Rock on guys, TG is the BESTES!!!

-Brad

TGMike

Fri May 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi Folks,

We have been working on an updated player and new configuration that has been in testing. We were not planning on mentioning quite yet as we still have work to do but...

The buffering on this newer player is much faster. You can jump to a position not buffered yet and the pause is 1-2 seconds which is nice.
Give it a try and let us know how it works for you. You can check out a test here: http://www.totallyguitars.com/slowmotion.htm

We are tweaking the settings for optimal viewing so wizzibiz let us know how it works for you and if it is not good enough don't worry we have a few more tricks up our sleeves to get this right.

Thanks

6stringbostic

Fri May 21, 2010 2:48 pm

great work guys. i checked out the new player. i like it. the buffering is definitely improved. i have a very hi speed fiber optic internet connection though, so i don't think i'm a good indicator from that perspective. however, i did notice that i played with the "slow forward" and "fast forward" buttons and got into a situation where i could not get the play to go back into a "regular forward" mode. perhaps i was missing how that is done?

d_dog

Fri May 21, 2010 11:42 pm

Fantastic customer service guys, you guys rock!

wizzibiz

Sat May 22, 2010 6:09 am

Hi Guys,

Perhaps I didn't explain my situation.
I do have a good, fast, internet connection, and the streaming content generally works fine.
The problem is that because of my work pattern, the times at which I can get connected, are not times that I can practice. My family are generally asleep at those time, and really wouldn't appreciate being woken. I generally practice in my boat, which doesn't have an internet connection, apart from a ridiculously expensive link via my mobile phone.
That is simply not economic.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, and for the improved streaming system. Unfortunately it just doesn't help in my circumstances.

[rant mode]
I am afraid that piracy of various types just has to be accepted as one of the side effects of running a very profitable business online. I can't accept that any online business, providing content should attempt lock it down so tight that it becomes unuseable for some of its customers. Those that do will lose their customers, and restrict their market. It's not as if there is not sufficient profit in this business to be able to live with the few imagined losses. Most of those people using the pirated systems would never spend the money to purchase your content, so it doesn't represent a real loss, and most online providers have learned to live with it.
There are plenty of systems out there that will capture streaming video, but I have chosen not to go that route because it is not morally right to do that.

Perhaps you should also consider that this is contributing to the growing problems of online bandwidth. It is totally crazy to repeatedly download streaming content over and over just because the providers are unable to live with the imagined losses caused by the very few members that would republish the content.

I wish you well with the program. It was good whilst it was not so unnecessarily restrictive.

Brian

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic