'Blackbird' test by AcousticAl

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jayswett

Sun May 23, 2010 7:50 am

Sounded great. I look forward to the complete version, with vocals. Just joking about the vocals, as I would think this song would be a tough one to sing. I haven't tried, and don't intend too. A bit too high for my limited range.

tom18

Sun May 23, 2010 8:43 am

Al, Very nicely played and a timely thread for me. I've begun to learn that song from someone else who plays it with the index finger. I hadn't yet looked at Neil's lesson on 'Blackbird,' I definitely will. Thanks,
Tom

AcousticAl

Sun May 23, 2010 8:52 am

tom18 wrote:
Al, Very nicely played and a timely thread for me. I've begun to learn that song from someone else who plays it with the index finger. I hadn't yet looked at Neil's lesson on 'Blackbird,' I definitely will. Thanks,
Tom

Save yourself a huge headache and learn it Neil's way NOW.
Looking forward to seeing your version.

beaker

Sun May 23, 2010 11:34 am

Al, I like your experiment. I agree with most, the 2nd one sounds better. Though, I got the impression that Neil wanted us to learn the way with the thumb because it is a skill that we need for the future. That we would need to be adept at moving away from standard fingerpicking position to be able to play more advanced pieces later on. (maybe I am wrong on this) Beaker.

AcousticAl

Sun May 23, 2010 5:37 pm

As per Matt's request, I'm uploading this to the Student Review channel as well, so there's more of a chance that Neil will see/comment.

BTW- The reason I put it here in the first place was that I (mistakenly) thought that the new way of uploading videos would be more involved and time consuming. I was wrong. It's very streamlined!

Thanks behind-the-scenes guys!!

Al

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic