Good bye target

Feel free to get outside the box here.
sws626

Sun May 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi Joe,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I was out of work myself for much of 2009, so I understand how difficult this can be. Your contribution to this community is very much appreciated. I hope we will see you back in the Target program before too long and that, in the mean time, we'll continue to hear from you on the forum.

-Stuart

smips65

Sun May 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Sorry to hear of your situation Joe-

Life isn't bad on this side of Target.
Someday I hope to be in a financial state of well-being myself to jump in too.

Jeff

michelew

Sun May 23, 2010 4:31 pm

Joe, I hope things turn the corner for you soon. Be sweet to each other. Hopefully we'll see you around still and you'll able to come back in full soon too.

tovo

Sun May 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Hey Joe, you've been a great help to me on several occasions. I hope you stick around and get back to Target as soon as practical.

Cheers mate.

frybaby

Sun May 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Joe, I feel your pain. I too have experienced job loss, twice in fact, and it is not an easy thing to deal with. Lots of tough decisions need to be made for sure. But you can, and will get through it.

Now regards leaving Target, well I figure it's a lot like not being able to go to the family reunion, sure will you miss out on some good things, but your still part of the family.
As one who has played around with the guitar for quite a few years, when I came across TG the membership was $20 (I think) and you could pay monthly. I had to refrain partly because of computer related issues, but also financial reasons as well. Though currently employed my job situation is by no mean secure. So I remain and and have for some time not been a Target Member, but I still fell like part of a big family, who's members all have love of guitar as a common denominator, and are willing to share and encourage and support each other as much as possible.

For sure, not being a Target member means I miss out on a lot of opportunities, but there is, and and will continue to be, enough free stuff to keep guy like me busy and challenged.

Even the simplest campfire song can be expanded and built upon to make it challenging.

Can you play "Let It Be" all the way through in time and with no mistake?. Can you play it using the passing chord Neil demonstrates. Can you play is strumming, finger picking and have you picked out the melody note and incorporated them.
Can you play the intro to "Love Me Two Time" or Suzie Q, or some of the IRL offered free,and play them with out mistakes and in time.
If you master some of the free IRL offered, you can always look up the tabs and put the whole thing together and work on it until you have it mastered.

Any way you get the point. There is plenty of free stuff on the site, and Neil, Matt and the the TG team have, at least up to now,(and I am sure the will continue to do so) have made sure that non members have plenty to work on so they stay engaged,education, active and progressing.

Finally know this, as long as you are stay connected to TG forum you will be part of a large group of friends, that will help you grow musically, in knowledge and skill.

Hope you have found some encouragement in these word.
I wish you all the best and that you for you contribution to the site past and future.

Please excuse me now while I return to LET IT BE and try to get that passing chord with the moving melody and base line down.

Oh yes not to mention it took me almost 3 month to get Here Comes the Sun, down to the point I was comfortable with the picking pattern and chord changes, and I still can not play it with out flub ups.
Sincrely yours
Frybaby.

izzyhara

Sun May 23, 2010 5:27 pm

I will really miss you Joe. But I totally understand. It could happen to any of us. So despite our loyalty and stuff, reality does set in and decisions must be made. You have been a great contributor and we expect to still share with you as much as we can. Thanks for the special friendship.... Izzy

Music Junkie

Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Joe:

So sorry to hear you have to leave the Target program. VERY glad to hear you will stay with us at TG though. Things will turn around, as they always do, and you will be back. Thank you so much for all of you help and kind words.

Concentrate on the important things for a while and keep us posted.

Talk to you soon.

Jason

Lavallee

Sun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm

I am sorry to hear that you have to leave Target. In these difficult days, you never know what is around the corner. But around the corner , good news also happen. I am happy that you will remain on the site.

Marc

Lavallee

Sun May 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Good luck to you Joe. Take care of yourself. God Bless.

- Catfish

scotta

Sun May 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Sorry to see you leave target Joe, but I understand. Good luck in your job search. I hope things turn around for you soon.

Take care!

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic