Minor Complaint/ Observation

Feel free to get outside the box here.
BigBear

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 am

Before we head off into a bunch of new, ultra difficult material by Renbourne, Fahey, Grossman and other non-human guitar players can we possibly vote on some of the YouTube teaser videos that Neil did way back, promised to do a full lesson on as part of the teaser and then never completed.

By my last count there were still 15-20 left that are waiting. What happened to these?

Thanks for listening!! :cheer:

TGMatt

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:02 am

Rick..we got that down to 3-4 ...and then anything left we put back into this list..

So..

We spent a ton of time doing stuff on the new list that you guys upload and vote on..now were putting up some of our favorites..and eventually we will get to all of them...

We don't promise to do songs anymore..we just try and get to as much as we can, when we can, and to meet as many folks needs as we can..and this list of our 100 ...the new list is 100 long is to counter the communities list..

So any of the songs you are looking for earlier were replaced with more popular ones..or ones we deemed more important for the coverage of certain skills etc..and probably exist in our new list ..

Also remember we have been flexible on the point of loading lessons that maybe were not in our zone but just felt right due to members uploads or forum chats etc..many times we have posted stuff in those times, this shuffles the deck...

so go and vote ..keep your eyes on what is coming daily...

TGMatt

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 am

Actually one more thing..treat this as a bit of fun, we are having our outlet, and posting some future stuff..it is not like we are not posting new stuff everyday...surely their is enough coming daily to keep anyone happy ??...

We are doing this for a few different reasons..if their is a song you want really want, then go vote , make sure it is up in the recommend a lesson list, and remember most of all we don't just do requests..

BigBear

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Matt- not trying to bash the program!! To the contrary, the quality and quantity of new material is staggering!! I couldn't learn half of these new songs in 2 lifetimes!

But I recall that Neil did some really cool teasers that as long as we are voting on future songs, deserve a listing. I don't even remember them all but here are a few:

- Pinball Wizard
- Behind Blue Eyes
- John Barleycorn
- Cat's in the Cradle (on the voting list)
- Never Let Go
- Thick As a Brick

All I'm suggesting is since Neil has already done the work to do a teaser video, just see if there is any interest in these songs too. Maybe no one has any interest in these songs except me. But I think they are all great songs. Personally, I play them all except Never Let Go but I would love to see how Neil thinks they should be played.

Keep up the great work and no need to defend the program. It is so superior to anything else out there it boggles the mind!

Thanks for listening! I'm still your biggest (literally) fan!! lol!

:cheer:

tom18

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:44 pm

BigBear wrote:
Matt- not trying to bash the program!! To the contrary, the quality and quantity of new material is staggering!! I couldn't learn half of these new songs in 2 lifetimes!

But I recall that Neil did some really cool teasers that as long as we are voting on future songs, deserve a listing. I don't even remember them all but here are a few:

- Pinball Wizard
- Behind Blue Eyes
- John Barleycorn
- Never Let Go
- Thick As a Brick

All I'm suggesting is since Neil has already done the work to do a teaser video, just see if there is any interest in these songs too. Maybe no one has any interest in these songs except me. But I think they are all great songs. Personally, I play them all except Never Let Go but I would love to see how Neil thinks they should be played.

Keep up the great work and no need to defend the program. It is so superior to anything else out there it boggles the mind!

Rick,
You've listed several great tunes here but I would REALLY LOVE to have a lesson on 'Behind Blue Eyes.' I've voted for it in the Recommend a Lesson area but as Al Capone (a famous gangster for our non-American friends) once famously said: "Vote early and often." Maybe if we all whine loud enough it will happen!
Tom

leclercjm1

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Let me ask a question: Does the site is loosing focus on guitar teaching over technical stuff like Ipad, Iphone, Facebook....
Hope my question will not offend anyone. Personnaly, I don't participate anymore in voting for new songs since I have to go outside TG.

jm

heatndude

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Im sure everyone has certain songs they would like to learn including myself, yes some of them have been teaser videos. But I have found being patient and learning properly has made the harder tunes that I really like easier to learn. Maybe TG should have some kind of monthly competition and the winner gets to choose a lesson for the month ! Based on how well they have improved on a target song from the begining of the month to end of the month. Just a idea. If someone really wants a certain tune Im sure they will try to earn it !

Im game if Matt & Neil are willing ?

Mark

heatndude

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:47 pm

If you do this Matt make sure Neil is ready to teach some Tom Petty tunes

TGMatt

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:01 pm

BigBear wrote:

- Pinball Wizard
- Behind Blue Eyes
- John Barleycorn
- Never Let Go
- Thick As a Brick

All five of those tunes are in the YouTube channel Bear..if you want them vote of rthem, and alternatively make sure they are up in your voting section..

TGMatt

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:06 pm

leclercjm1 wrote:
Let me ask a question: Does the site is loosing focus on guitar teaching over technical stuff like Ipad, Iphone, Facebook....
Hope my question will not offend anyone. Personnaly, I don't participate anymore in voting for new songs since I have to go outside TG.

jm

We are scratching our heads over this statement..

Our focus is crystal ..all the lessons we put up daily are thought through, delivered in a variety , and presented by Neil in his way as best he can...

So how exactly are we losing focus..every day we work harder on improving everything here.

As for the other stuff..they are delivery channels..

If we don't continue to spread the message in other channels, we wont survive..If we don't continue to improve the delivery of lessons in other formats we wont survive..if you dont support us..we wont survive..

One last point..if you do not want to go to the other channels like Youtube ..or Facebook and show support, you still can vote on songs you like, and add new ones in the recommend a lesson section...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic