Song Levels?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
pdostrander

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:07 pm

I know this forum is for non-technical questions, but I didn't see one for technical questions...and hopefully this is an easy question to field. Is there a way that I can list songs by level? I saw and viewed the tutorials for beginners, but couldn't seem to find a way to search for songs rated as level 1, 2, 3 etc.

Music Junkie

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:11 pm

pdostrander wrote:
I know this forum is for non-technical questions, but I didn't see one for technical questions...and hopefully this is an easy question to field. Is there a way that I can list songs by level? I saw and viewed the tutorials for beginners, but couldn't seem to find a way to search for songs rated as level 1, 2, 3 etc.
Phil:

Try this link and you will notice the levels of the songs over at the right. Just search through them and pick one at a level you feel comfortable with. This link was found under the "Master Menu" button up near the top..... B)

http://www.totallyguitars.com/master-me ... et-lessons

J

pdostrander

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Many thanks, I think I had actually used that button at one point, but once I was in the target area I was trying to find it in the link list, my bad. Thanks again...

P-

Music Junkie

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:45 pm

Quite welcome, glad to help.

Have fun...... :)

frybaby

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:18 pm

When I read the question posed in this thread I got a completely different understanding of what question was being ask. The answer provided seemed to satisfy pdostrander, but not quit so for the question I though was being ask, so if I may.. Question: is there a way to sort all the songs offered in the totally free listing by levels. So that if a person wanted to see all level 5 song for example, the list could sort the list so that all the level 5 were together. Perhaps a sort by assenting or descending function.

michelew

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:09 pm

The colour coding actually makes looking for groups of song difficulty levels pretty easy. For example, for 1-3 songs just look for green. Easier said than done if you're colour blind of course.

P_ - I assume you're fairly new, which is why you've looking a song levels 1-3, but don't be afraid to look at songs with a higher level, especially if they're songs you want to be able to play one day. Neil often provides more than one version of a song or shows you how to play it in a less complicated way (like strumming only).

I fell into that trap a while ago. I use to be afraid of the bigger numbers and wouldn't even look at the lesson even though it was a song I liked because I didn't want to tease myself with a song that was still beyond me. I've since found that if you like the song enough you can break it down and work on it bit by bit until it comes together. Along the way you pick up new techniques, finger independence and agility and just more experience with new things. As long as you're patient with yourself, practice a lot and take breaks from it when you need to (but keep coming back to it), you will find that you can learn just about any song you want to eventually.

I started at TG around September last year as a beginner. But, now I've just started learning a level-7 song, which has some great new techniques in it. It's very cool.

In short, the colours in the master menu are your friend and don't be afraid to look at some of the yellow ones too.

Enjoy the journey.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic