Features Wishlist

Feel free to get outside the box here.
mattroutley

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:11 pm

dennisg wrote:
I'm pretty happy with how the site is laid out. My one wish is that it would remember my login information from day to day.
Google Chrome sorts that one out for me :)

dennisg

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:43 am

tom18 wrote:
dennisg wrote:
I'm pretty happy with how the site is laid out. My one wish is that it would remember my login information from day to day.
Dennis,
My login information is remembered. All I have to do is click on the "Login" button on the upper right of the home page. I'm using Firefox v3.6.3. I suspect it is remembering the info for me.
Tom
I'm using Firefox, too, but my version has Alzheimer's.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:43 am

Yep, that would be a browser issue. My Firefox's memory works well too.

dennisg

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:50 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Yep, that would be a browser issue. My Firefox's memory works well too.
Are you saying that you can shut your computer off at the end of the day, start it up the next day, go to the TG site, and you will be automatically logged in? If so, it doesn't work that way for me, but only on the TG site. All my other sites log in automatically.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

No, not quite.... I type in N of neverfoundthetime and it remembers login name and password and offers it to me to click.

ffsooo3

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:12 am

Dennis, I too have the same issue/problem. It seems I either get timed out of TG or when I restart my Windows 7 computer and bring up IE, I have to log back in to TG (though like Chris I only have to type the first "f" of "ffsooo3" and my name a password get filled in for me, then I have to push the "log in" button). I used to always be logged in. Even after a reboot. If you find the solution please let me know.

TGMatt

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:17 am

ffsooo3 wrote:
Dennis, I too have the same issue/problem. It seems I either get timed out of TG or when I restart my Windows 7 computer and bring up IE, I have to log back in to TG (though like Chris I only have to type the first "f" of "ffsooo3" and my name a password get filled in for me, then I have to push the "log in" button). I used to always be logged in. Even after a reboot. If you find the solution please let me know.

solution 1 is to use our recommended browser firefox anything and I really mean anything other than ie7

dennisg

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:19 am

ffsooo3 wrote:
I had the timing out issue with my other browser: Safari. I'd spend 30 minutes writing a long PM or post, hit the Submit button, and my work would get nuked because I was no longer logged on. Very, very annoying. With advice from TG tech support, I switched to Firefox. I no longer have the timing out issue. But neither browser logged me on automatically (not referring to Autofill) like Facebook or many other sites do. Having to log on every day is not what I consider to be a crippling problem, but it's a nuisance.

ffsooo3

Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:09 am

dennisg wrote:
ffsooo3 wrote:
I had the timing out issue with my other browser: Safari. I'd spend 30 minutes writing a long PM or post, hit the Submit button, and my work would get nuked because I was no longer logged on. Very, very annoying. With advice from TG tech support, I switched to Firefox. I no longer have the timing out issue. But neither browser logged me on automatically (not referring to Autofill) like Facebook or many other sites do. Having to log on every day is not what I consider to be a crippling problem, but it's a nuisance.
I agree. Certainly not crippling - just annoying. I prefer to not which from IE8 to Firefox so I'll live with the issues.....

AndyT

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:56 pm

If you have Windows 7 the problem is that Firefox is a 32 bit browser and Win 7 is 64 bit. they are not fully compatabile. Firefox has already stated that they are currently working on a 64 bit version but it will be later this year before it comes out. The main holdup is Flash does not work in 64 bit, so they are waiting on Adobe to hurry up and get it fixed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic