Lucky Man Greg Lake

Feel free to get outside the box here.
longboarder

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:28 am

Hi Guys,
Need a bit of help identifying some chords.

I've played this song (Lucky Man) both Niel's way with open chords and Greg's way with a G barre chord and really like his version:

Can anybody help with identifying the last few chords he uses to finish up. It gives this great song a great ending.

Thanks in advance,
Alan

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:51 am

Alan:

Afraid I can't help you with the chords, but thanks for the video. Greg is such a great musician. Coming from someone who finds it hard to walk and chew gum at the same time, I find it amazing that he can strum, sing AND chew gum at the same time.... :silly: :silly:

Jason

6stringbostic

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:10 am

looks like he shifts into a d minor finger position them moves that up to the 2nd fret, making it an e minor.

then, moves that up another two frets, making it f# minor, then back down to e minor

this is just what i think i see i did not grab my guitar to try it out, but give it a shot

let us know...

willem

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:11 pm

I think he ends up with G-D-G-D,,, G(BAR3FRET)D(PARTIAL CHORD..4 STRING OPEN,,THEN 3AND 2 STRING 7FRET AND FIRST STRING 5 FRET... YOU CAN DO THE BAR G CHORD ALSO WITH 3 STRING OPEN ( MAKE A LITLLE BARRE WITH YOUR INDEX,LIKE YOU DO WITH THE LITLLE F..)

edit,,after he sings '''he died'' it are all partial chords G-D-G-D..

ffsooo3

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:01 pm

My guess is after the D (xx0232) he plays a partial G (xx0433) then slides up to the 5th fret for a partial A with D in the base (xx0655)(I guess you might call that an Asus) then back down to the partial G again and ends on the D.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic