4th of July

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Max

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:40 pm

What Happened? I was waiting all week, anticipating a patriotic themed song lesson. Lots of great choices, Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, Woody Guthrie, and many others. It would have been a great theme for the week. I realize that we are a very diverse and international group, but I know I would have enjoyed it, and think many members would have too.

haoli25

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:47 pm

I know what you mean, Max. I was so sorry to see Madagascar Independence Day pass last Saturday with not even a mention on TG or even one single lesson for the jejy voatavo, lokango, kabosy, or marovany. Matt is really falling down on the job here lately. :silly:

BigBear

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Max wrote:
What Happened? I was waiting all week, anticipating a patriotic themed song lesson. Lots of great choices, Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, Woody Guthrie, and many others. It would have been a great theme for the week. I realize that we are a very diverse and international group, but I know I would have enjoyed it, and think many members would have too.

Isn't mentioning Patrioticsm and Bruce Springsteen in the same paragraph the textbook definition of an oxymoron? ;)

Sorry, I tried, but I couldn't resist!

Lavallee

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:09 pm

It is Canada Day today, wonder which song we could use? Not the Southpark song please ;)

Marc

haoli25

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:13 pm

American Woman??? :laugh:

Lavallee

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:14 pm

:laugh:

Max

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:21 pm

BigBear wrote:
Isn't mentioning Patrioticsm and Bruce Springsteen in the same paragraph the textbook definition of an oxymoron? ;)

Sorry, I tried, but I couldn't resist!
I understand not being able to resist, but Bruce did write, "Born in the USA", Streets of Philadelphia", "The Rising", "Glory Days" and many more.
About the oxymoron, I'll let you know as soon as I figure out what Patrioticsm is.... ;)

Max

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Lavallee wrote:
It is Canada Day today, wonder which song we could use? Not the Southpark song please ;)

Marc
Lots, of good Canadian artist, K. D. Lang, Joni Mitchell, Nelly Furtado, Sarah McLachlan, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, Robbie Robertson.
Wonder if they wrote anything patriotic for Canada???

Max

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:37 pm

haoli25 wrote:
American Woman??? :laugh:
I'd love to play that, and play with that. :woohoo:

Lavallee

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Max wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc
Lots, of good Canadian artist, K. D. Lang, Joni Mitchell, Nelly Furtado, Sarah McLachlan, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, Robbie Robertson.
Wonder if they wrote anything patriotic for Canada???
Patriotism is not a strong concept in Canada. We are happy to be Canadian and life is good.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic