i'M in bad trouble,,,RHyTHMICAL!!!

Feel free to get outside the box here.
willem

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Who can help me how to do ''beast of burden'',,,,rhYthmical,,use G-C/G-Am-F,,CAPO ON 4..
Maybe you can show or talk me in to it...

AndyT

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Willem,

What I got was a heavy strum on 1 that is muted right away. Then light strums on 2 and 3 and.
Play it as a 3 count.

willem

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:32 am

i made some notation,,the difficult is maybe what skill we use to mute the strings,,is it just lifting the strings,,is it palm muting,,do we lay our pinky over the strings,,it is so confusing on each diffrent chord,,
please give a look at my notation.. Image

AndyT

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:49 am

Try this Willem;

When I was playing this to figure it out, I used a palm mute with my strumming hand. It was quick and easy. But you can use a finger mute with your pinky on your fretting hand if you like.

Oh, and I came up with 4/4 time instead. Sorry about that. I found this one online and it matched what I was getting so I used it instead of typing a whole new one.

willem

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:10 am

Thanks for that Andy,,that looks a litlle ease'r,,,What we do with the rest note(mute it to i presume??)

AndyT

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:21 am

Do not play the rests.

X = mute

willem

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:39 am

AndyT wrote:
Do not play the rests.

X = mute

Yes,,oke then,,but is it aloud that the last eightnote sound(3 and!!) as quarter,,or does'nt it because we go the other chord,,witch is a up(4 and)

AndyT

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:37 pm

The way I read this is that you do not play the 1 because it is tied from the + of 4 on the last bar.

+ = And
X = Mute
- = Skip

- - 2 + X + - +

(Same thing written with Downs and Ups)

- - D U X U - U

Skip 1 +
Play 2 +
Mute 3
Play +
Skip 4
Play + which lasts to 1 of next bar.

You will be playing the new chord on beat 2, not 1 so it is Ok to be late in changing it. Does this help?

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:06 am

AndyT wrote:
The way I read this is that you do not play the 1 because it is tied from the + of 4 on the last bar.

+ = And
X = Mute
- = Skip

- - 2 + X + - +

- - D U X U - U

Skip 1 +
Play 2 +
Mute 3
Play +
Skip 4

You will be playing the new chord on beat 2, not 1 so it is Ok to be late in changing
it. Does this help?
Andy & Willem the tie is actually a Hammer On, I have the same file in GPro and its definitely transcribed as a Hammer On

willem

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:52 am

Chasplaya wrote:
AndyT wrote:

+ = And
X = Mute
- = Skip

- - 2 + X + - +

- - D U X U - U

Skip 1 +
Play 2 +
Mute 3
Play +
Skip 4

You will be playing the new chord on beat 2, not 1 so it is Ok to be late in changing
it. Does this help?
Andy & Willem the tie is actually a Hammer On, I have the same file in GPro and its definitely transcribed as a Hammer On
Thanks again Andy and Chas,,,i come along now i think,,,yes the first beat of the measer is hammeron(not realy,,its more a quick transition from the upbeat(G)to the C/G,..Andy it is'nt realy a tie(its a legato tie),,so you go quick from up(G),down C/G..(your right on the end of measer one it is a tie, I talk aboute two measers of the verse)..I try to make a vid from the strumming on the verse end of the week,,to see if I can handle,,thanks so far..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic