Irritating Drop Down Menu

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jayswett

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:40 am

Hey Matt,

Anytime I get my cursor around the left hand side of the screen near the YT icons I get the annoying drop down menu that prevents me from sellecting the YT icons and Recent Discussions tab. Don't know if anyone ever said anything about it or not.

Mshrad

TGMatt

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:56 am

Yeah the menus are tricky for us with so much stuff , we are working on a menu change but for now just come at them from below rather than the top to select them

suziko

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:58 am

I had a similar problem (perhaps even the same) about a month ago and submitted a ticket about it. It appears to be an issue with Internet Explorer (or at least some versions of IE). Indeed, when I switched to using Firefox, I no longer encountered the problem. You could, at least temporarily, use Firefox to access TG until the problem is solved.

Suzi

TGMatt

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:01 pm

suziko wrote:
I had a similar problem (perhaps even the same) about a month ago and submitted a ticket about it. It appears to be an issue with Internet Explorer (or at least some versions of IE). Indeed, when I switched to using Firefox, I no longer encountered the problem. You could, at least temporarily, use Firefox to access TG until the problem is solved.

Suzi
Thx Suz , thx for that reminder,it is imperative that anyone using Explorer stop...it is simply a piece of junk..we have so many issues with explorer..

We really ask all of you to switch to firefox or Chrome ...it will also make the rest of your websurfing a more pleasurable experience with load times etc etc..

Thx again

sws626

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:09 pm

I haven't had this problem on my desktop or laptop (using IE8), but it does make browsing the site on my phone (Nokia) annoying.

willem

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Hello,,when you scroll the icons,,YT etc whole up to your page you don't get the menu drop down,,i have IE and everthing works fine,

Or were the issues i had to blame to IE???

suziko

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:36 pm

I also no longer have this problem with IE on my laptop. On my desktop we had an older version, and that was where I encountered the problem. Now that I mostly use my laptop, I am back to using IE for looking at TG, and have not had any problems.

BigBear

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:54 pm

TGMatt wrote:
We really ask all of you to switch to firefox or Chrome ...it will also make the rest of your websurfing a more pleasurable experience with load times etc etc..

Matt- I certainly appreciate the sentiment but I don't think it's practical to abandon an internet interface that, while declining, is still used by almost 50% of the population. It is still the 500 pound gorilla in the room and I for one don't have the time or patience to try to use another system. Even if they are better. :cheer:

dennisg

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Rick,

I was having a problem with Safari logging me off in the middle of sessions. I'd spend 20 minutes writing a long PM to someone, click the Send button, and I'd lose everything. TGMike suggested I try Firefox, but I was reluctant for the very reasons you cited. It's hard to change a process that you're so used to. But I finally switched to Firefox and was pleasantly surprised to find that it allowed me to automatically import all my Safari bookmarks, and life is good again. C'mon, big guy, give it a shot.

TGMatt

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:10 pm

If you want me to walk you through on the phone Bear I will be more than happy to do that if you want to give it a go..let me know mate

Cheers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic