Irritating Drop Down Menu

Feel free to get outside the box here.
TGMike

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:13 pm

So here are the facts from http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Firefox is actually the 500lb gorilla. 46% usage.

Think about that a second. IE comes pre-installed on most computers and look how much market share they have lost. People are taking the time to go out and find/download Firefox or Chrome over IE. There is a reason for this it has to do with speed and compatibility.

The main reason we see an issue with IE in support is because IE has a "feature" called compatibility mode. When it is on it causes all kinds of incompatibility with this site and others.

Also the amount of issues that come through support due to Firefox or Chrome compatibility are easily below 1%. We regularly have funky IE issues in support with no common user variables which makes it very difficult to work with.

Those are the facts as I see them.

willem

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Hello,i have now on this moment the same issues that you fixed at monday,,the problem i can't work with my profile and can't get the community Map,,is that a problem with IE,,I'm so afraid to change to firefox,,i tryed that before but went wrong,,can you make a support vid how to do and get fire fox,,if the problem that you fixed monday is IE,then i will give it a go..

TGMike

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:52 pm

If anyone is still having trouble with a technical issue on the site please submit a support ticket. I promise you will be taken care of.

Thanks,
Mike

terrylawton

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:36 pm

same provlem pain in arse man

willem

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 pm

goodnight and be well,,i see tomorrow,,well the lessons are the importens'tttttttt.have nice day,,realy..

KennyF

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:32 pm

BigBear wrote:
TGMatt wrote:
We really ask all of you to switch to firefox or Chrome ...it will also make the rest of your websurfing a more pleasurable experience with load times etc etc..

Matt- I certainly appreciate the sentiment but I don't think it's practical to abandon an internet interface that, while declining, is still used by almost 50% of the population. It is still the 500 pound gorilla in the room and I for one don't have the time or patience to try to use another system. Even if they are better. :cheer:
This is one of those rare instances where I actually agree with Matt. Hey, it happens every once in a while... :laugh:

Internet Explorer is absolute JUNK!!!

Do yourself a favor and get Firefox.

takhak

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:42 pm

I was having the same problem a few weeks ago and was going to write a ticket.On the support page is an option to clear cookies. I cleared them and the glitch went away
instantly. I dont know why it worked or if it was just a coincidence.

BigBear

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:52 pm

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I think we've already answered the original question.

Can Firefox be installed along side IE8? My fear is installing Firefox and then I lose internet access when neither system works right. Plus I can't afford tech help right now.

I'm not opposed to switching but I'm not having trouble with IE right now. Or maybe I am and I just don't realize it.

I'm running XP-3. Is there any chance that Firefox will screw up my system? Do I have to migrate data?

Thanks to all you technologically advanced guitar players! lol! :cheer:

tovo

Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:58 pm

They will run side by side, but you need to chose one or the other as a default browser.

Firefox won't screw up your system. It's just a browser. The best in my humble opinion. I even have a firefox t-shirt Bear...now THAT's serious....and just a little sad.

dieguy

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Bear I am a recent convert to Firefox as well, My wife is still holding out and I often have Firefox and IE running at the same time on my system. I had many issues on TG when using IE. It works much better now with Firefox.

Just my $.02 oh I am running Vista

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic