Suggestion - Video Questions for TG Live

Feel free to get outside the box here.
tovo

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi TG dudes,

I had an idea that stems from a question I have for the next TG live.

My question happens to be about arpeggio, but I will get the actual question across in the appropriate thread.

I was thinking that it might be very useful to have a category for "Video Questions". For me, I thought that it would be far easier to demonstrate through a video the issue I would like Neil to comment on.

So I thought that a new category could contain video questions that could be addressed periodically as part of the TG live show.

I am happy to post an example, although obviously without a current category I can only load the short video on my Youtube account.

Anyway, I am conscious of Neil's limited time but I don't see a big impact. The video questions would sit in the thread to be answered at TG live and could them be removed following each show or marked in some way as answered.

Just an idea.

TGMatt

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Great Idea..and one we debated and just plain forgot about ..

Give me an hour..we will put up a new section..

Load the video into the student channel as usual..and embed it into the thread as usual...

Good idea thx

tovo

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Wow that's fast. Thanks.

Now I need to shoot the video! I'll get onto that tonight.

Only one other question sorry. If I load it into the student channel, won't it come up automatically as a video for review in an entirely new thread?

My experience with the new system is that you don't need to manually embed your video it creates a new thread automatically, which isn't what we want here is it?

Hope I am making sense?

I see the new category, that's great.

TGMatt

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Ok category created ready to go..use the video uploader ...just like you do for student reviews..

Cheers

Matt

TGMatt

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:34 pm

tovo wrote:
Wow that's fast. Thanks.

Only one other question sorry. If I load it into the student channel, won't it come up automatically as a video for review in an entirely new thread?

My experience with the new system is that you don't need to manually embed your video it creates a new thread automatically, which isn't what we want here is it?

Hope I am making sense?

yes it will create its own thread..

TGMatt

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:44 pm

TGMatt wrote:
tovo wrote:
Wow that's fast. Thanks.

Hope I am making sense?

yes it will create its own thread..
Ok...Just to modify this somewhat..we may create a new uploader for this or modify the current one..so until that occurs tonite hold on to your videos..I will let you know as soon as I can once I figure out which way to go with the team.

Thx all for patience

tovo

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:46 pm

That's fantastic. Thanks again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic