Neil Hogan Albums-a recommendation

Feel free to get outside the box here.
heyjoe

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:22 am

Hey guys

Just thought I'd write a few words about the albums you can see on the right hand side of the screen, yup, Neils albums.

Now we all know that they are avaiable and have had them recommended by a few people, but I thought I'd go a little bit deeper about them.

As many of you know I was lucky enough to win a bunch of these albums in the guitar competition (many thanks for the collaboration btw Chris), and over the last week or so I have got round to listening to Cobble Creek, Yesterdays News and El Dorado, maily whilst I've been doing admin work, I've driven with these albums on as well, and I've come to a few conclusions

1. This man is talented, seriously, no...seriously, until you have heard his albums you have no idea how talented, I've watched the videos he's done, the TG Live performances etc etc, and the albums are even better.

2. We've hardly scratched the surface of what Neil can teach us, listening to his playing made me realise this, we have a long way to travel, thankfully we have a great teacher.

3. In terms of playing style and ability, I'd happily say that some Neils playing reminds me of Tommy Emmanuel (or the other way round- not sure who was first), the jaw dropping technique, the subtlety, and the great instrumentals.

4. The albums are so relaxing to listen to-they ooze style, great playing, and help me chill (even if me brain is going "wow, how good is he!)

So there's my thoughts, if you haven't got Neils albums, I'd strongly suggest you click on the links and buy them, they really are that good.

Joe

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:43 am

I have to back up Joe's comments here folks. I've had Neil's albums for 10 days now and the sound filling the house is just something else! THANKS SO MUCH NEIL AND MATT! Whether it's Neil's Beatles interpretations or his own compositions, the music is beautiful and the listening is pleasure pure. You just HAVE to hear his guitar on a good speaker system amped-up in room with great acoustics (my living room). Wow! Nothing like in the lessons heard through a laptop, this is another world of listening! I can't recommend Neil's albums highly enough!

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:37 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
You just HAVE to hear his guitar on a good speaker system amped-up in room with great acoustics (my living room).

35000 TG Members descend on Chris house!!! Hope you have the Pinot Noir ready mate!

On similar vein I received Hectors album and it is also pure listening pleasure

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:14 pm

No worries Chas, if ever anyone ever turns up any time, they are very welcome and it's party time!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic