what acoustic guitars are used in help videos like the one in Closer to the Heart ?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
guitarbegin1

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:45 pm

what acoustic guitars are used in videos like the one in Closer to the Heart ?

jayswett

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:09 pm

The Rush song? No idea.

AndyT

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Thats a huge question. It would help if you narrow it down a bit. Are you looking for a specific guitar? Are you looking at a specific band? Are you wondering because you are looking to buy a guitar? There is just not enough info to really answer your question.

On that particular song there are two guitars. A Taylor and a Gibson. You will have to figure out which is which.

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Can't be positive, but looks to be an Ovation....... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Jason

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:02 pm

Alex Lifeson does use Ovation Adamas guitars but I believe on Closer To The Heart I think he uses a Garrison G25 12 string lately at least for the intro. He also owns various Gibson and Martin guitars but not sure if they were ever used on CTTH. He used to use a Gibson 1275 (white one) when played electric though, he did have a red one but it got damaged. NOw as I am at work I can't view any vids of it so will need to further check later.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:44 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Alex Lifeson does use Ovation Adamas guitars but I believe on Closer To The Heart I think he uses a Garrison G25 12 string lately at least for the intro. He also owns various Gibson and Martin guitars but not sure if they were ever used on CTTH. He used to use a Gibson 1275 (white one) when played electric though, he did have a red one but it got damaged. NOw as I am at work I can't view any vids of it so will need to further check later.
Geeze Chas! How do you know these things? Don't tell me if it reveals you have no life at all outside of guitars! :-)
All right, answer this: What guitar am I thinking about now?

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:33 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Geeze Chas! How do you know these things? Don't tell me if it reveals you have no life at all outside of guitars! :-)
All right, answer this: What guitar am I thinking about now?

Wot you saying WIllis??

Course I have a life outside guitars I umm... I also do ummm... Often I do....ummm.. You are thinking of your next guitar purchase a Lakewood and how many Squash rackets you need to sell to afford it..

I know these things cos I have a habit of Whenever I read anything about any guitarist or band I like I get really into depth on research. In this case I got into this one due to the fact Lifeson used the same guitar as Don Felder did 'the 1275 ', on Hotel California (original version), I seriously considered buying one of those on the strength of Felders use, the research led me to those players that also used one....

Hi, this is Chas' wife Jill and yes he has NO life outside guitars or more so 'Totally Guitars'. Apart from that he has always had a wealth of useless information :laugh:

guitarbegin1

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Actually I mean by the guy doing the lesson video on how to play the song made by this website - not Rush themselves. It's a small body, but nothing on the headstock. He's done quite a few lessons on youtube from here all using the guitar. It sounds great for it's size, so I was curious.

Here's the link on youtube:

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:45 pm

guitarbegin1 wrote:
Actually I mean by the guy doing the lesson video on how to play the song made by this website - not Rush themselves. It's a small body, but nothing on the headstock. He's done quite a few lessons on youtube from here all using the guitar. It sounds great for it's size, so I was curious.

Here's the link on youtube:
This is Neil Hogan, the site main man! and this guitar is an Ed Claxton , custom built I believe. He also uses a Santa Cruz guitar in other lessons.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic