looking for a search box

Feel free to get outside the box here.
jeffdjarr

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:34 pm

I am a Target member and new to Totally Guitars and am looking for a search box to find material that is suppose to be here.

For instance there is a lesson on "Puff the magic Dragon" easy to find on youtube, I have not found it here also lessons on finger picking. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jeff

tovo

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi Jeff,

I don't think Puff the Magic Dragon is a full Target lesson yet. You can vote for it by clicking on "recommend a lesson" top right.

In terms of fingerpicking lessons there are heaps. Here's one:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... d-position

You can find others in this series by going to the green button above on the left "master menu". Then scroll down the left hand side and find "Guitar Lessons 101". Heaps of specific finger picking lessons there.

Also, plenty of the target songs are finger picking tunes. Each target lesson shows in detail the picking pattern.

Hope that helps you.

suziko

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:53 pm

"Puff the Magic Dragon" is listed under the free lessons.

Things are, admittedly, not always that easy to find at TG until you get used to the site, though there is word that the site is undergoing a massive restructuring soon, so hopefully it'll be easier to find things then. I think it would be great to be able to search the database of songs based on certain criteria (eg. fingerpicking, alternate tuning,etc).

Most people are willing to help you find things, though, if you are really struggling. Just post a question and usually someone will answer.

Suzi

Lavallee

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:17 pm

I think it would be a good add-on if the advanced search would allow to search on the songs only, whether they are Target or free, without having to drill too much to find the engine (maybe a special box in the search interface dedicated to that without having to scroll anything).Something similar to the search in the requested songs.

Marc

TGMatt

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:56 pm

We are working on master menu and search and drill down on search guys..part of the redesign ..thx for your patience

In the meantime there is a big button for all the free lessons..and one for Target so you can distinguish easily..

all the songs are in Alphabetical and band order on master menu for now..so that will tell you what is available or not for now..

Hope that helps some

Lavallee

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic