Cheers from Scotland

Feel free to get outside the box here.
pickt

Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:11 am

Bought a guitar a year or two ago - couldn't afford lessons at the time - guitar gathered dust - heard Ripple by the Dead for the first time in ages - got the guitar back out with a new found hunger to learn - found this website - blown away!

What a truly great online resource totallyguitars.com is...I'm really amazed with the quality and effort put into the videos I've watched so far, and am genuinely really looking forward to start learning through the target program.

thanks again.

Calum

michelew

Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:22 am

Callum, Hi from sunny Sydney.

You've come to the right place to speed up your learning and have a lot of fun doing it. You'll find so much learning material here, especially in the TARGET program that you'll want to win the lotto so you can give up work and just play all day (like there isn't already a million reasons why you'd want to ordinarily).

Make sure you jump on the forum. It's a good way to kick up your enthusiasm too.

So here's a question for you. Do you ever where a kilt when you're playing guitar? If you do, do you need to change your guitar playing position? No need to run for the hills. It's just a topic that came up in the thread for Suziko's recent video post. Hmmm... I'm not sure if you are a target member, which you'll need to be to see the whole discussion. Anyway, just a peak at some of the discussion we get into.

I think you'll have a blast, especially if you submerge yourself and get in and talk to people.

Have fun.

Michele

cosmicmechanic

Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:34 am

"Ripple" you say ... I only started that tune a month ago ... had no prior knowledge of it before seeing it on TG.

This tune is now important for me, and I FOUND IT HERE.

pickt

Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:40 am

hiya,

I'm not a member of target yet due to a horrible lack of pounds in the old bank account...rent and bills-a-plenty this month so it'll be a week or two yet.

and I'm fairly ashamed to say it, but I've never in my life worn a kilt...I put it down to the fact my friends are all far too ugly to get married - and weddings are really the only place they get worn - so yeah, it's their fault my patriotism is so rubbish...but then again it is the last refuge of a scoundrel, or so they say.

tovo

Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:54 am

Well mate, we have a few Scots around the place. Hell I have a couple in my family! Welcome from not-so-sunny Adelaide in Australia. You are spot on about this site, plenty of resources and if you are prepared to work, you can realise your goals quicker than you would have thought possible. Hope you get the bucks to join target, well worth it.

michelew

Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:56 am

Nothin' to be ashamed of, not wearing a kilt that is. Not here at any rate. BTW - I've never worn one either. And no I'm not Scottish, but there's a big chunk of Irish in my family traceable back to the Walshes in Cork (if that counts for anything...hmm.. .probably not).

Well, I look forward to seeing your stuff and seeing you in the target program where all the best lessons are available all the time. Talk to you later.

willem

Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:56 am

Welcome from the Netherlands,,no worry's on the kilt,,it's only getting to your skill's here,,Target is the place where you get born again and meet some friendly people from over the world,i stopped counting(well for the music i must) but there are some!!!

ceaser67

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:19 am

Hi Callum
Tommy here (fellow non wearing kilt scot) lol This is a good site for learning guitar
everyone here is friendly and supportive, you didnt mention where in scotland you are from,ime from Glasgow,there is a bucket load of material on this site when you join the target programe,hope you get the finances sorted and sign up,one warning though before you sign up there is one downside,you really can say goodbye to youre social life as you cant get in many places for a drink with a guitar in youre hand,the doormen arent interested in you have stairway to heaven to learn by monday morning BE WARNED. lol

Lavallee

Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 am

Hi Callum, Welcome from Montreal Canada, do not worry about not wearing the kilt I have never worn the official beaver hat myself. I am sure you will have a good time here, if not Target soon, there is still plenty of information available including the forum which includes guitar techniques you are not sure about or that you want to share. Hope to read you soon.

Marc

dekotaj

Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:51 am

Welcome Calum,

From Northern Illinois.(USA).Nice to have you here.Look forward to seeing you play.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic