Cheers from Scotland

Feel free to get outside the box here.
lueders

Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:04 am

Hi Calum,

I like you already, you play guitar, you are from Scotland (a place I REALLY want to visit) & you have a cool name. Welcome to T.G. I think you'll really like it here.

pickt

Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:22 pm

what a friendly community! thanks for the welcome.
i'm not really ashamed of not wearing a kilt by the way, I think Glaswegian sarcasm tends not to cross borders as well as I'd hope!

Music Junkie

Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Hey Calum!

Warm and sunny welcome from Southern California. Glad you found our little paradise here. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. There are always folks around to try and help out.

Jason

haoli25

Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Hello Calum. I'm glad you decided to join us here at TG. As soon as the finances allow, by all means, do join the TARGET program. That small investment will pay huge dividends to you in your guitar playing and knowledge. As Tommy mentioned though, it can cut in on your social plans. It also makes you want to acquire more guitars too. :) Spend a little time browsing around the site. Be sure to check out the Community Groups and vote or add a song or two under the "Recommend A Lesson" tab. Your tips, questions, and opinions are always welcome here. Have fun.

(P.S. I've never worn a kilt either. I just don't have the legs for it.)

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:51 am

Hi Calum, welcome to TG from a fellow Scot, although I reside in New Zealand and have done so for 27yrs.

Once you can afford it, the TARGET programme is the way to go mate. Look forward to seeing and hearing from you on the site.

I have worn a kilt on several occasions, pics on my Profile page will testify that, but only ever at weddings. And before you ask its all in perfect working order lol.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:59 am

Calum! Smart move finding TG. Even smarter move joining Target when you can. Welcome from Switzerland. Er, and you're spot on about NOT wearing your kilt... not recommended when playing guitar or on Australian building sites....

jim56

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:17 am

Welcome aboard Calum! You're going to like it here. The lessons are fantastic! The members are like family and the advice on the forum is top self!!! I haven't found a better guitar teaching site on the net!!! Feel free to ask questions.

Jim

tombo1230

Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:45 am

Hi Calum,

fellow Scot here. It took me just over half a century to wear the kilt, did so this year at my daughters wedding. There were a few guys there wearing it for the first time. It's actually quite cool, . . . . . . . but maybe that's the draft :) lol

Definately not recommended for guitar playing :blink: :huh: :dry:

Welcome and enjoy the site, it is great here and Target has everything to make you a better player.

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:52 am

Thanks

tombo1230

Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:00 am

Just realised how old this thread is, doh! Note to self: Must not stay up all night playing guitar and taking lessons on TG. Oh that's one I will stick to ;) (not)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic