Refried Baby and a Streaming Question

Feel free to get outside the box here.
frybaby

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Greatings one and all. Its been a while since my last vist. Several months I recon. Missed all of you fine folks! A series of misfortunes and assorted obstacles have limited my time energy and resources. All a part of what a great teacher once called the critical times hard to deal with" of the last days.
Anyway, I found my way back today. Wife is out for a while and I am alone with her lap top, so here I am.
As I mentioned my first time back in a while and the Paul Simon streaming 10 pack caught my attention. I am serioulsy considering going for it,but as I have mentioned technology and I have regular runins,and I usualy retreat. So I am wondering how easy is it to access and learn from the streaming videos, and what are some of the difficulties and problem and short commings (if any) I am most likely to encounter. In other word is it something a computer nubie can handle. I only have a year to get to all 10. And with my experience it may take several month to get the hang of it.

Frybaby

michelew

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:44 pm

I could have misunderstood the question and be wrong, but I think the only difference between the free lessons, the streaming lessons and the target program is who can access them, not how they need to be accessed and used. That is everyone can access the free lessons people who are not part of the Target program can access the lessons/packages that they've purchased and Target members can access the whole candy store.

So if you want to test your own tech savvy and ability to learn from one of Neil's lessons then try some of the free lessons first. If your computer system can handle the free lessons, I think you're good to go.

The reason I'm not sure I have interpreted the question correctly is that I find it hard to believe you would not have done that by now, especially given how long you've been part of this community.

Of course being in the target program myself I've never purchase one of the individual lessons, so there may be a few steps that I'm not aware of. Regardless, if it's anything like the rest of the site those steps should be pretty straight froward.

Have fun.

Michele

dennisg

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:21 pm

You got it right, Michele. The only difference worth noting is that when you buy a lesson, you click on the My Lessons button after you log in. Your song(s) will appear there.

tovo

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:24 pm

frybaby wrote:
I only have a year to get to all 10. And with my experience it may take several month to get the hang of it.

Frybaby
Good to see you back. This comment alarms me. Have I misinterpreted it?

michelew

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Tony,

I read it to mean Frybaby has a year because when you buy a streaming lesson you have access to the lessons for a year (I'm sure I read that somewhere).

Nothing serious... Well I hope not anyway.

Michele

frybaby

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Michele,Tony,Dennis;
Thank you for your reply and concern.
I have benefited greatly from all the TG freebies, and my forum association.
Now that my wife has a laptop and we have ATT UVerse wireless at the house I have had very few tech problems with the videos, still ocassionally I have buffering problems, the lates buffering issue was with the Sept 10 TG weekly update. In could never make it through the whole thing, so I bailed out. I was just afraid that might happen with the lessons and I could not get through the steaming lesson.

Tony, special thanks for your concern about my 1 year to complete comment. Michele was right the offer is for a one year access to the songs.

Finally, I had a suspicision that some of the "old timers" - (no reference to age) would respond, and was pleased to see I was right. You guys are fantastic.

Thanks again.

Kind regards and best wishes
Frybaby

wwright

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:26 pm

I copy the pdf's locally (experienced with bad connections) - then I have the charts and tabs for practice without going on line. I use the videos for the parts I'm struggling with, or want to review

TGMatt

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:48 pm

I recently had changed the access to lifetime..

So this is not entirely correct..

Thx for everyone jumping in..

Lavallee

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Hey Frybaby, glad to hear from you. I am working on Mrs Robinson, it is a great lesson. You won't regret that package.

Thanks Matt for the update on the packages

Marc

frybaby

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:42 am

Thanks again to everyone for the responses.
I am excited about the streaming package deal.
Even though I have been distracted from my regular forum visits, I did not miss my daily guitar playing, though some time it was only a few minutes, or just to run through a famaliar song or two
Thats about all I had time for, so without my regular forum visits, I got into a rut and not having anything new to work on or the encouragements and informative exchanges on the forum the rut grew deeper and I started to loose some of my zeal for playing. A dangerous thing that is as I feel my guitar help me keep my world together..
So I was happy to be able to get back and especially happy to see the Streaming Pacage Special Offer.

One question about Matts comment? Does that mean the the 1 year access has been extended?

Regardless, extended or not, the Special Offers that continue to come the way for non Target members demonstrate to me that this site is truely intrested and concerned with advancing guitar knowledge, and as the saying goes action speak louder than words. TG walks the talk.
Thanks so much TG team for the hard work and trying to make things avaiable to as many of us as possible.
Thanks too to all the Forum folks.. a true Guitar family.
Sincerely
Kind regards,
Frybaby
s

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic