A couple of questions

Feel free to get outside the box here.
nicdav100

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:59 pm

I'm new to TG and am currently only on the free side checking out the site. But as I browse through the site a couple of questions come up.
1. in the video lessons Neil talks about words and tableture in a PDF document. But I don't see it anywhere... Is this not included with the free videos?
2. The packages offered for purchase, i.e. Chord Solos, Jimmy Buffet Song Package, etc., are they included on TARGET?
3. Is there an option to try TARGET for a day or two just to rummage around and see what it is all about before I buy it?
4. Beginners 101 included in TARGET?
5. I saw Neil talk about "play alongs" with him at different paces; slow for beginners, medium and advanced, are these included in TARGET? And are these for all the songs and lessons or how does that work?

I know this is a lot of questions but I guess I just don't fully understand what is in the TARGET program and how it is different from the free except that there is more.

Thanks for everything.

AndyT

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Most of the answers are, Yes, its in Target. Target members have unlimited access to the site. You can get to everything.

As far as a 'Trial' day or something, I don't think so, but Matt might have something in mind.

dieguy

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:00 pm

#1 - Yes

#2 - Yes

#3 - I dont think so

#4 - Not really needed just go to master menu and pick your lesson or song

#5 - Not every song has it but most have some sort of a slowed down play along usually with a metronome.

If your goal is to be a better acoustic guitar player you will not be dissapointed. Just my opinion. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Bill

Lavallee

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Welcome to TG from Tg from Montreal Canada. On your first question (as your answers have been given for the all the questions) I would like to point out, the pdf sometimes comes after the comments, just scroll down a bit. They are available for every free lesson. Just to be sure, do you have adobe reader installed?

Marc

ceaser67

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:24 am

wecome to TG from scotland,as the others have said if you are a target member you have unlimited access,enjoy youre time here.
Tommy

dennisg

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 am

Regarding question #3: the purpose of a one- or two-day free trial would be to allow you to experience the Target program without assuming any financial risk. I could be wrong about this, but I think there's a different way, other than a free trial, to eliminate the risk: sign up for the Target program and then try it out for a couple of days. If you don't find it to your liking, quit the program, and your first month's payment will be refunded to you.

AndyT

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Come to think of it, there is at least one complete Target lesson on the free side so you can see what you get. Lucky Man if I'm not mistaken...

nicdav100

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks again to everyone who responded. I really do appreciate all of your encouragement and patience in answering my questions.

As for "Lucky Man" in the complete TARGET lesson, I can't get it to play. Its the only video so far that I have had trouble with so I don't think its me... But I could be wrong. If you know some tricks to get this to play please let me know as I would be interested in seeing a little more of Neil's teaching style.

DennisG - You are correct and that sounds like what I will do next, but I still need a little more practice with some things before I actually try out the site. I am very new and some of my chord changes need a little bit more practice before I can take advantage of some of the beginner songs. But thanks for your insight on joining for a month.

Lavallee - Thanks for pointing out where the .pdf files are. I missed them being that far down the page.

David

TGMatt

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:25 pm

nicdav100 wrote:
Thanks again to everyone who responded. I really do appreciate all of your encouragement and patience in answering my questions.

As for "Lucky Man" in the complete TARGET lesson, I can't get it to play. Its the only video so far that I have had trouble with so I don't think its me... But I could be wrong. If you know some tricks to get this to play please let me know as I would be interested in seeing a little more of Neil's teaching style.

DennisG - You are correct and that sounds like what I will do next, but I still need a little more practice with some things before I actually try out the site. I am very new and some of my chord changes need a little bit more practice before I can take advantage of some of the beginner songs. But thanks for your insight on joining for a month.

Lavallee - Thanks for pointing out where the .pdf files are. I missed them being that far down the page.

David
Hey mate..

So..not sure why you would be having a problem with Lucky man, but submit a ticket if still true, put in the details like browser used etc etc..and we will look at it..

Also as far as your chord changes etc..

We have many many beginner songs , no chord changes, and many beginner lessons, in fact today we released a brand new program for beginners to supplement what we already have on deck... and will be adding to this constantly..

Anyways hope that is helpful

Cheers

Matt

nicdav100

Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:10 am

Thanks Matt, I did submit a ticket and was told they were correcting the problem. I must admit your website is very efficient at getting back to all my requests and questions. Love it so far. As for the Chord changes, I do need to challenge myself and try to make them but admittedly I am slow and clumsy...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic