What exactly is T.A.R.G.E.T.?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
AndyT

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Aloha from Hawaii Geoff!

Let me answer your question with this:

When TG first started, I was a free member. I learned a bit from Neil, but when the Target program started, I began finding the very things I was in need of to actually understand what it was I was learning.

At the time, I had played in front of a few people on a couple of occasions, but always in the back of a group of players so that I could hide and they would drown out my mistakes.

Today (Yes, actually today, Sept 26) I played two gigs. The first one I was alone on stage and had to do my own singing. Talk about nervous! But I was nervous about my singing, not my playing. The second one, I played at a huge beach potluck party for the church water baptism. I sang and played in front of about 300-400 people today. Lots of fun!

I could not have done that before Target.

wammer

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Way to go Andy.........Tammy

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi Geof and welcome from Switzerland! You seem like a smart guy if you don't mind me saying. And the shorter the time between joining the site and signing up to TARGET, the smarter you will be. :-)

I'm only saying that because I signed up next day a year ago even after realising that there was so much for free. I had the advantage of knowing a master teacher when I saw one and I was hooked on the community within hours. You can analyse for days or follow your gut feeling.... both roads will lead to TARGET and you'll never regret it.

You are already a TARGET member... you just don't know it yet :-).

AndyT

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:04 am

Thanks Tammy. Give the credit to a good teacher.

the_muffin_man

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:45 am

Do you guys an gals think Neil could help me play like this guy?

willem

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:53 am

Hello,,many have ask this question and signed up and they never left,,they got hooked,,what do you get for 20 bucks these day's,,signed up when you don't like it i pay you 20 bucks,,but i'm sure i don't have to,,,Greetings ...Willem Netherlands..

ps I can tell you more but you got a lot of good respons and all very treu,,target means for me a lot and it is a lot and it is a life to live,,,

haoli25

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:38 am

the_muffin_man wrote:

In a word, NO. On the other hand Geoff, you could take what you learn from Neil, this site, and the TARGET program, put in the hours upon hours of practice, and become as good as you want to be.

I hope you decide to join us.

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Can anyone explain why Dan Ross' Guitar (in the video above) looks skewed (the first frett) at the top of the neck? Never seen that before on guitar.

wrench

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Can anyone explain why Dan Ross' Guitar (in the video above) looks skewed (the first frett) at the top of the neck? Never seen that before on guitar.
It's a fan-fret baritone made by Marc Beneteau. The scale length is variable from 28" on the low E string to 26" on the high e string. This keeps the tensions lower on the smaller strings.

wrench

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:19 pm

haoli25 wrote:
the_muffin_man wrote:

In a word, NO. On the other hand Geoff, you could take what you learn from Neil, this site, and the TARGET program, put in the hours upon hours of practice, and become as good as you want to be.

I hope you decide to join us.

Bill
As much as I value the opinions of my experienced and esteemed colleague haoli25, I must disagree with him on this one. I think Neil can indeed help you play like Don Ross. To be more specific, Don Ross can (and will) better teach you you play like him, and I think one could in fact successfully take that challenge if prepared through Neil's tutelage (or someone as good as Neil, but I don't think person exists).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic