Any possibility of releasing mp3 backing track audio for some of Neils lessons?

Feel free to get outside the box here.
gchapel

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi Matt,

I love the target program and appreciate the hard work that your crew does to make this site work.

I want to branch out a bit as a guitar player and practice solo lead work. You have a lot of video play-alongs but is there any chance that you might release just the mp3 audio tracks to play-along with to target members.

This would make it ideal to play along with an ipod, cd player, or even the newer amplifiers that let you place mp3 files on SD cards to play through the amp. Many times playing video on the computer just doesn't work well for play alongs for us poor souls who have less than stellar internet connections. The buffering and start/stops interfere with the continuity of playing. Just having an mp3 audio file would be a great solution and would be wonderful compliment for the great new instrumental, blues, and lead lessons that Neil has been creating lately.

As I said I love the site. I was a stalker in the background for nearly a year, then I bought a few packages, now I am a full fledged year subscription target member. Neil has really helped my playing. I need to get up the guts to send a video of my progress so far.

Thanks,
Greg

RicksPick

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi Greg

You can do this yourself with Audacity

RicksPick

gchapel

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Yes, I am sure there are a number of different applications that will allow you to make audio and video copies of streaming media but essentially that is stealing the content without permission.

I was hoping that we might get an officially endorsed method from Matt or Neil that we could download along with tab files and guitar profiles. Or just have a section of various downloadable backing tracks.

willem

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Audacity is just a programm where you can load a mp3(that you have)in,,then there is a possibilty the change the tempo and you can record your self while playing along etc etc,,it has nothing to do with stealing from the net..well that's what it think..

audacity is a free product..

gchapel

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Sorry, about the misunderstanding. I thought RicksPicks was talking about the ability of audacity to record the audio stream while playing a lesson and then using that as a backing track. I don't want to make any unauthorized recordings and I am sure most Target members feel the same.

I know that I could make and record my own tracks but I was just asking for a more professional version from Neil for some of his lessons. I was thinking more along the lines of the Blues lessons, instrumental lessons, or like the Wonderful Tonight lesson where Neil had video play-alongs for chords, melody, and solos. The problem with video lessons is that they can intermittently stop to buffer or get out of sync with audio and video. Flash video players can be problematic for slow internet service.

Music Junkie

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:11 pm

gchapel:

If you PM me, I can give you a link to a proper site that offers backing tracks to all sorts of songs. I know for a fact that Wonderful Tonight is in there, as well as several Eagles songs, and some Beatles songs as well. They are basically mp3's of the song, with no guitar playing. I love em'. I put them into my MicroBR and then I can play right along with them. I can record as well that way..... :)

J

AcousticAl

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:52 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
gchapel:

If you PM me, I can give you a link to a proper site that offers backing tracks to all sorts of songs. I know for a fact that Wonderful Tonight is in there, as well as several Eagles songs, and some Beatles songs as well. They are basically mp3's of the song, with no guitar playing. I love em'. I put them into my MicroBR and then I can play right along with them. I can record as well that way..... :)

J

I'd like that MJ. PM comin atcha.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic