Get the new site going!

Feel free to get outside the box here.
geetoman

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:00 am

Im paying almost $20 a month and now all i have are messages about being patient because they are making changes? Lets get the damn site fixed since we are paying for it!

michelew

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:41 am

Maybe I've missed something, but I can't see why you're upset geetoman. While I know the TG team are working hard behind the scenes to improve the site and bring in new feature, I haven't experience any difficulties trying to access the Target lessons and other features.

If you're having specific problems, I suggest to log some service tickets and I'm sure the TG team will get onto it as quickly as the can - just as they always do.

In the mean time there's heaps to enjoy while we're waiting to see what the final set up looks like.

Michele

RicksPick

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:26 am

Hi Welcome Geetoman

The site is working as it allways has
All lessons and features are accesible

The only thing that is changing are upgrades and extra's

It is possible to do the changes quicker but the site would be down for short periods
So steady does it while keeping it live, we all win

RicksPick

Yamaha48

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:46 am

Hi Geetoman!

I'm curious, don't you have full access to the full lessons and all?

If so, why this thread?

AcousticAl

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:21 am

Personally, I'd rather have the site up while the modifications are being done.

And other than new stuff they're working on- I can't think of features I haven't been able to access.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:52 am

Hey there Geetoman. You are a founding member so you've been around long enough to know exactly what is going on with the redesign of the site. I don't know about you but I can access all the TARGET lessons (I have lost count of them by now) and during the re-vamp so many new lessons have been added, no one can keep up with them either. The forums are functioning just fine and folks are posting lessons for review and the new functions and design are a real improvement. I can't write on my wall at the moment but apart from that, I can find no impediment whatsoever. The value I get from TG is many times greater than the fee I'm paying. So which part of your 20$ is not being spent well? You are not a contributor to the forums in anyway and haven't added anything to anyone's TG life so far yourself (that's your choice and your prerogative) but you have to know that this kind of non specific venting/moaning is completely out of tune with the style of posting here and adds nothing to anyone's TG life. If you have a specific problem take it to support and get it sorted... they are very helpful and very fast. The site is very "fixed" already.

moss171

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:12 am

Geetoman,
I know the changes are taking a long time, but meanwhile TG hasn't really taken anything away from us either. The lessons are all still there. New lessons are coming out all the time. I don't know how the TG guys are getting everything done so efficiently! Be patient, there are a lot of exciting things on the way.

Lavallee

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:46 am

Not sure what is not working for you, everything is functional at my end. If it is the sign that you read when you log on telling there might be glitches, they ask to report the problem, but everything works. I disagree with complaining without pointing out the facts. Send a ticket to TG

Marc

TGMatt

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Well looks like everything has been said pretty much by everyone else..

If you have a specific issue, please submit a ticket so we can look at helping you with that..

The site is getting upgraded, daily....we have a completely new back end , this enables ipad, iphone users to not have to click any buttons, the video quality and streaming has been improved for more areas for folk who have spotty connections, this was our biggest fix..

But beyond this we have begun upgrading the site by adding a new look, we have been upgrading the community , and today fingers crossed we will be launching the new guitar showcase..

We have a lot to go, new menu and search, groups, lots more I would rather not discuss, and hopefully things will be a little quicker as we broke the back on some technical issues ..

But I guess the biggest thing is we have concentrated on bringing you even more content, which is ultimately what you pay for, every day...so at least 1 -2 lessons a day and much more ...this is all accessible , so this was to ease the burden of a changing site..

I don't expect we will ever stop upgrading the site, so it will always b changing, but this upgrade is a major one, where the entire backbone had to be changed, and this is no easy feat in real time, so you all have constant access.

Anyways...until we have all we want to achieve done in this upgrade, you have everything at your disposal to do all the main things, if you have any specific issues then as I said submit a ticket..

Cheers

BigBear

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:10 pm

It's hard for me not to rise up in defense of this site when members post short, angry criticisms. Chris said exactly what I was thinking and more calmly that I was going to! You all know me and my occaisionally overly terse responses! lol!

But I would add that each TARGET member has a different expectation of what they get for their $20. Many of us feel that as important as the lessons are, and they didn't appear to be off-line for very long at all, the forum and community stuff is equally important. Frankly, this is the most amazing forum on any site I've ever been associated.

But apparetnly Geetoman has chosen not to participate in the forum for whatever reason. And that's fully his choice. He pays his dues and uses the site anyway he wants to. He's the customer and that's his right. His appraoch to this problem was wrong but his expectations are his.

Conversely, since joining this site, and I was there at the very beginning with so many of you, I have watched this site evolve from a mere skeleton to the embarrassment of riches it is today. I don't begin to have time to take advantage of everything here.

So my point is, when any of us aren't satisfied with the site we need to provide specifics. And be patient. I have never had a specific issue that Mike or Jim or any of the wonderful "behind the scenes" guys haven't jumped all over. I have a suggestion pending in the support queue to bump up the default point size of the type used because I have a hard time reading it. And I can't bump up my screen because there is so much info on the screen. I've received a replay and I know the guys are working on it. Or at least considering it.

You all know that I am not a "Kumbaya" type of guy. But all members, not just the uber-involved, need to step back and acknowledge what has been accomplished here. Twenty dollars remains a ridiculously small price for all we get here. I may feel Geetoman's comments were too harsh for the problem and without specifics, but I hope through this discussion we can get Geetoman more into the mainstreeam of the site and help him realize what an amazing gift this site has become.

Cheers to you all!! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic