Get the new site going!

Feel free to get outside the box here.
TGMatt

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:18 pm

BigBear wrote:
It's hard for me not to rise up in defense of this site when members post short, angry criticisms. Chris said exactly what I was thinking and more calmly that I was going to! You all know me and my occaisionally overly terse responses! lol!

But I would add that each TARGET member has a different expectation of what they get for their $20. Many of us feel that as important as the lessons are, and they didn't appear to be off-line for very long at all, the forum and community stuff is equally important. Frankly, this is the most amazing forum on any site I've ever been associated.

But apparetnly Geetoman has chosen not to participate in the forum for whatever reason. And that's fully his choice. He pays his dues and uses the site anyway he wants to. He's the customer and that's his right. His appraoch to this problem was wrong but his expectations are his.

Conversely, since joining this site, and I was there at the very beginning with so many of you, I have watched this site evolve from a mere skeleton to the embarrassment of riches it is today. I don't begin to have time to take advantage of everything here.

So my point is, when any of us aren't satisfied with the site we need to provide specifics. And be patient. I have never had a specific issue that Mike or Jim or any of the wonderful "behind the scenes" guys haven't jumped all over. I have a suggestion pending in the support queue to bump up the default point size of the type used because I have a hard time reading it. And I can't bump up my screen because there is so much info on the screen. I've received a replay and I know the guys are working on it. Or at least considering it.

You all know that I am not a "Kumbaya" type of guy. But all members, not just the uber-involved, need to step back and acknowledge what has been accomplished here. Twenty dollars remains a ridiculously small price for all we get here. I may feel Geetoman's comments were too harsh for the problem and without specifics, but I hope through this discussion we can get Geetoman more into the mainstreeam of the site and help him realize what an amazing gift this site has become.

Cheers to you all!! :cheer:
Hey Rick..we have reading glasses issued with every new subscription for you old blokes..

We will be adding the font size increaser...but in the meantime just upsize your screen pixel size...this will do pretty much the same thing for you mate until we have that button up

pbraun

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:57 pm

WELL SAID ALL!
Pete

pbraun

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Well I cannót believe how múch stuff we get for $20 per month! If you'd go to a private teacher, then he'll help you ónce for maybe 30 minutes, well maybe 45 minutes if he's a beginner and that's it!

Thanks for reminding me that I've joined such a gréat great site for almost nothing!

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Well I cannót believe how múch stuff we get for $20 per month! If you'd go to a private teacher, then he'll help you ónce for maybe 30 minutes, well maybe 45 minutes if he's a beginner and that's it!

Thanks for reminding me that I've joined such a gréat great site for almost nothing!
Schhhhhh $20 is waaayyyy tooooo much for what we get here.

I mean where else do you get gazillions of top quality lessons, some even freebies, and such a fantastic community minded Forum, with Bears that can't speak the Queens English, or Live shows every now and then, Blogs with all kind of interesting stuff, guest teachers who up the ante regularly keeping us on our toes, the opportunity to have a say in what we get taught in Recommend a Lesson, one on one coaching on our video uploads from one of the finest teachers around, a site that manages to update regularly without denying access to the important bits, the opportunity to show the community our progress and get loads of positive feedback.... I mean $20 that's just a ludicrous amount to pay.... I mean Geetoman you have sooo much to complain about its not funny!! I mean its really not funny.... You may not post a lot here but I suggest that you and any others feeling aggrieved should check out some of the threads and find out more about the Community and the site owners; TG owners and admins have to be amongst the most receptive bunch I've encountered on the Net since I started ooohhh tooo long ago, if you're not a Forum person you don't have to participate but you really need to read some of them to gain that all important insight.

For example if members raise a query in a friendly tactful way the friendly tactful advice in response is generally overwhelming from the Community often before the Admins get there.

michelew

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Ámen!! ;)

Chasplaya wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

Schhhhhh $20 is waaayyyy tooooo much for what we get here.

I mean where else do you get gazillions of top quality lessons, some even freebies, and such a fantastic community minded Forum, with Bears that can't speak the Queens English, or Live shows every now and then, Blogs with all kind of interesting stuff, guest teachers who up the ante regularly keeping us on our toes, the opportunity to have a say in what we get taught in Recommend a Lesson, one on one coaching on our video uploads from one of the finest teachers around, a site that manages to update regularly without denying access to the important bits, the opportunity to show the community our progress and get loads of positive feedback.... I mean $20 that's just a ludicrous amount to pay.... I mean Geetoman you have sooo much to complain about its not funny!! I mean its really not funny.... You may not post a lot here but I suggest that you and any others feeling aggrieved should check out some of the threads and find out more about the Community and the site owners; TG owners and admins have to be amongst the most receptive bunch I've encountered on the Net since I started ooohhh tooo long ago, if you're not a Forum person you don't have to participate but you really need to read some of them to gain that all important insight.

For example if members raise a query in a friendly tactful way the friendly tactful advice in response is generally overwhelming from the Community often before the Admins get there.

thereshopeyet

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks

BigBear

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:47 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Hey Rick..we have reading glasses issued with every new subscription for you old blokes..

We will be adding the font size increaser...but in the meantime just upsize your screen pixel size...this will do pretty much the same thing for you mate until we have that button up

Gettin' old sucks! I've done what you suggested of course but it causes me to have to scroll left and right and up and down. Just slows moving around the page.

Just using a slightly larger default font would cure the problem easily!

I know, damned engineers always think they know better!! LOL!

:cheer:

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:44 pm

BigBear wrote:
TGMatt wrote:

Gettin' old sucks! I've done what you suggested of course but it causes me to have to scroll left and right and up and down. Just slows moving around the page.

Just using a slightly larger default font would cure the problem easily!

Get a data projector and use your ceiling.... LOL

haoli25

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:44 am

BigBear wrote:

.....of course we do, Rick, or least we know how to 'baffle 'em with bullsh*t'. :laugh: :laugh:

6stringbostic

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:27 am

hey rick i am using firefox browser and i just use the scroll bar on my mouse and the "control" key and find that the letters get bigger. have you tried that?

btw, this is a FANTASTIC site. couldn't live without it - woulda gone crazy over the last 6 months or so without it due to other events in my life...

tg rocks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic