New member asking about TARGET

Feel free to get outside the box here.
bluecrz

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Hello all, although I have been playing for 3 years, I still consider myself a beginner. I did not put a lot of time into practice and never got past the beginner stage. I am now rededicating myself to learning the guitar properly and will practice every chance I get. Before I join this program, I wanted to get your feedback. I am interested in hearing about the TARGET program, all the good AND the bad. I do not understand much about music theory, so I am pretty basic. Let me know how this program has worked for you or how it HAS NOT worked for you. Thanks!

jayswett

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:46 pm

I can honestly say that there is nothing about the Target Program that does not work for me. I've been a member since nearly the beginning and it was the best thing I could have done as far as providing opportunities for improvement. If you are truly motivated to improve your guitar skills and understanding of music in general, it's a no-brainer that the Target Program is well worth the money. Good lucik.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Well Blue, I can only tell you about the good as there is no down side to the TARGET programme as far as I can see and I've been here for about 18 months. You can use it any which way you choose. Go and learn theory, just go and learn some songs, learn how to pick or strum, learn which chords work when, where and why and pick from a couple of hundred lessons. It's all solid gold and it's up to you to find what suits you. You can start at the beginner lessons or dive in at a song you fancy. Works all ways. It is without doubt the best step you can take to improve even if you are intermediate or more advanced.

Oh yeah, there is a down side... "you check out any time you want, but you can never leave" :-) You won't ever want to!

Chris in Switzerland

And jay there above was writing same time as me so... What jay said!

Lavallee

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:36 pm

I am in agreement with Jay and Chris, I only see good stuff from this site. The Target program have helped me progress a lot.

You can only win by joining

Marc

AndyT

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:01 pm

I can really only think of one thing I'm not 100% happy with. And it's such a small nothing that it doesn't matter anyway. I like my music formatted a certain way and TG does not provide it that way. It's almost not worth mentioning. But you asked for the good and the bad. Where there you have it. It's ALL good.

Chasplaya

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:33 pm

AndyT wrote:
I can really only think of one thing I'm not 100% happy with. And it's such a small nothing that it doesn't matter anyway. I like my music formatted a certain way and TG does not provide it that way. It's almost not worth mentioning. But you asked for the good and the bad. Where there you have it. It's ALL good.
Now now Andy if I've told you once I've told you a thousand times they will not write the music out in crayon for you....

Seriously Blue,

Its all good all that's been said is very true, whilst a lot is free, the gold is in the TARGET series of lessons, using the lessons anyway you wish to suit your personal style, use the different songs to learn different techniques to apply to other similar songs, its all here.

Good luck TARGET highly recommended mate

Chas from New Zealand

coomba

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:40 pm

G'day Bluecrz

Mate you''ll be hard pressed to find a Target Member who is not happy with TG. If there were any real problems we wouldn't have stayed for very long.
While the lessons on the free side are good and there are plenty of them, they don't compare to the lessons on the target side,the target lessons are much more in depth.
Jump in I'm sure you won't be disappointed, I like you was someone who had played for some years trying to teach myself and I actually described myself as an advance beginner, I knew some basics and thought I should be doing better than I was!
Joining TG was the best thing I have ever done to improve, My understanding of the guitar and my ability to learn songs and techniques has blown me away.Ive gone from someone who struggled with Level one songs to someone who can not only attempt level 5 songs but actually play them (some of em anyway)

I only have two complaints about TG
1st I wish Neil and Matt had met five or six years earlier
2nd Neil keeps putting out so many great lessons that I get sidetracked all the time instead of focusing on my current lesson.

Cheers
Scott (Australia) Target member less than 12 months. Target member for as long as they'll let me.

AndyT

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:43 am

And just what prithee is wrong with Crayon?

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:45 am

AndyT wrote:
And just what prithee is wrong with Crayon?

... yeah, cayons are better than that etch-a-sketch Andy was using...!

AndyT

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:00 am

Hey, Don't dis my awesome axe man... LOL ! Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic