New member asking about TARGET

Feel free to get outside the box here.
willem

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:14 am

To save me some typo's i agree with the type's above,,BUT,why not trying it yourself and buy a lesson you like and get one free,,there is now a black friday day offer,,,,there is one bad thing on the target,,that is you don't sleep anymore, you want to stay tuned on and on and on and on,,,i would take that offer..

AndyT

Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:17 am

If you cause me to become upset, I'll just have to get my tool kit out.... Image

abiliog

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:00 am

Hello,
I'm a beginner as well, and I joined Target a year ago.
The only things I knew about theory were the C natural scale, what sharps and flats were, the name of the strings notes, fingering five or six open chords, strum something that hardly I could call music and that's it.

A year later I can tell you this. I'm learning theory, learn how to apply different techniques in songs, well, everything I can and yes, I think that I'm a much better player I was a year ago. A year ago I wasn't even a guitar player.
If you are determined to learn and play the guitar properly, I think Target is the best place to be, doesn't matter what level you are.
There are detailed theory lessons, detailed song lessons for all levels (beginner, intermediate or advanced players) you can choose from, and it's growing every day.

That being said, you already figured that I just love to be here.
You also want to know what has not worked for me with Target but after a year, I haven't found it yet.

But I will keep searching in the next months... probably more... :cheer:

Abilio

lmc831

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:04 am

In my humble opinion, there is nothing "bad" about TG. Believe me, I've been a member of 2 other guitar sites, and cancelled my membership with them. Totally Guitars has it all. More songs and lessons than you can imagine...its all good. You won't regret it!

Lisa

MarkM

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi there!

You've already got lots of replies, what do you think so far, after reading all that? (I think Willem's suggestion might be a good one!)

I"m afraid that I can't really add anything else, éverything is in here, there's no down-side! ...........

I think there is only one thing wich you cóuld consider and that is, do you like the songs that Neil teaches? As for the wáy he teaches and everything that is to know about musictheory or guitarplaying in general, I don't know anyone who does a better job! (and I've been around the internet looking for a good teacher quite some time..)

I signed up for those two specific things, the kinda of songs he does and the way he teaches, ever since I'm on the site daily...

And yes, if you wanna keep up with all the new stuff added weekly, you won't be able to sleep or work! :silly:

Anyways, like I've asked before, what do you think so far?

Greetz'

Vanessa

wrench

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Well, actually there is a downside, depending on your perspective. While I agree with everyone else that TARGET is a musical treasure chest, it takes time and work to turn all that treasure into musical knowledge and skill, unless you are already an accomplished player and composer. You will need to use a pencil and paper to work on music theory and you will need to do drills and exercises to develop your physical playing skills.

I just don't want anyone to think you will become an acoustic master by gazing into the TG screen. It does take some work.

But man, the payback is huge!

frybaby

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Non member speaking here, but I’ve learned plenty, improved my skill and love this site.

It the best I’ve ever found and like Vanessa I looked at lot's of them for a long time.

Some personal computer technical difficulties and some financial responsibilities, have held, me back thus far, but the Black Friday 2 fer is a great opportunity that I am seriously considering.

I liken TG membership to going to Niagara Falls to get a drink of water with a tin cup in hand.

Since I am a slow learner and must share my time with many other things.
If I spent much more time with my guitar, I may not have a wife to celebrate anniversaries with.

I figure if I took too long to learn a song, or got distracted from my learning efforts, (which often happens despite my earnest efforts, the monthly charge would be a downside.)

But that’s only because money is a bit tight right now, I have some major financial responsibilities, not to mention my job situation is a bit shaky right now.

But, brother, if I had the time and money, I would have two cups and my mouth open.

Hope this helps,

Well there it is.

Frybaby

bluecrz

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks to all for the feedback concerning TARGET. I am convinced. I think I will start out with a monthly membership and test drive it for that period of time. Based on your feedback, I will probably be upgrading to a yearly membership after that. Thanks again!

millponddave

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:18 pm

Like everyone else here, I can't think of any down side. I have learned so much since joining the TARGET program and am having the time of my life doing it. The songs that are posted here are songs that I want to learn and the price is a great bargain. I don"t see how I could ever learn all of the songs and more keep popping up every day!All I can say is GO FOR IT.

Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic