HELP!! - Bring out your happy songs

Feel free to get outside the box here.
neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:11 am

Hmmm....how about Proud Mary or Listen to the music or Love is all around, or Hello Mary-Lou/Bye Bye love, or La Bamba/Twist and Shout, trust me people usually lóve to sing along and dance with these!

Or.....I'll check my library again! :cheer:

(if you need the music or tabs to any of those, just pm me! ;) )

beaker

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Michelle, YO,

Yeah if you need a pick up... check out Sugar Magnolia By the Grateful Dead!

jimcjimc

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Here's one - Lightning Bar Blues from an old Arlo Guthrie album, a Hoyt Axton song

It's easy to play on the guitar and sing along with - let me know if you want the chords

michelew

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Well it's official, this is the best community a woman could have. I've been watching videos and reading your suggestions, singing loudly and smiling. Shiny Happy People - got me big time.

Chris, you're wicked to be sure. I look forward to your rendition of The Penis Song - perhaps you should start a busking Monty Python thread.

The ones I know are great suggestions. I'll need to check out the others. But this new approach is starting to work already.

I hope you all have great days and evenings and that those of you in the Northern Hemisphere get a break from the cold today and a peeking sun to warm your souls.

Thanks

Michele

sws626

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi Michele,

There's definitely nothing in my current repertoire that would deter anyone from jumping off a bridge, but if you are looking for something that gets you outside of yourself dancing happy without the saccharine aftertaste and would also be a blast to play on the guitar, you might want to check out Sara Tavares. I've been listening to her sing for quite a while, but only recently discovered I'd also been listening to her guitar playing, which is just astounding.

My absolute favorite part comes at 2:17. If that doesn't lift your spirits, I don't think there's much we can do for you.

-Stuart

[video][/video]

Good luck getting anyone to sing along, though. These are the lyrics:

Si ma ech ta dzê na englês i love you, i need you
Quero dizer tambêm em português ti amo,te preciso
E nâo há nada que levar a mal,ke má nôs é tude igual
I know you can understand me,eu gosto muito,muito,muito de ti
you know i love,i love you,i love you,i really love you,i love you, you know i need you ,i can't live without you
nâo há ninguém como tu
ka tem ninguém sima bô,ka tem ninguém sima bô,ka tem ninguém sima bô,ka tem ninguém sima bô
Alô bonjour comon ca va,mana Sara,do lado de lá
Mi ta bom e bô mané bô tá,Sara mana? do lado de cá
Maybe together you and me,mi ku bô,bô ku mi
i know you can understand me, maybe juntos together,forever happy
you know i love you,i love you,i love you, i really love you, i love you, you know i need you ,i can't live without you nâo há ninguém como to, ka tem ninguém sima bô,ka tem ninguém sima bô,ka tem ninguém sima bô,ka tem ninguém sima bô
um só povo,um so coracâo,one love,um só povo,um so coracâo,one love,branco,ku preto,vermelho,ku amarelo ka tem diferenca nâo, ama na fé,ama bué,amor grande no coracâo
branco,ku preto,vermelho,ku amarelo ka tem diferenca nâo, ama na fé,ama bué,amor grande no coracâo.

um só povo,um so coracâo,one love,um só povo,um so coracâo,one love

ncsurfer

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:33 pm

"Wth my head in the clouds and my toes in the sand, I got to admit I'm a lucky man.....""

I thought this song fit the bill of being happy. The lyrics are hard to hear in this live footage but Roy Jay has the required Hawaiian shirt.... and it looks like a Taylor guitar.
Cheers!

[video][/video]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic