Chord Solos 1

Feel free to get outside the box here.
slinger

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:32 pm

The "Chord Solos 1" package looks interesting.
http://www.totallyguitars.com/online-gu ... band=-3900

Any feedback on this one? good, bad, or indifferent????
Is this primarily for a fingerstlye player?

What level of player should approach this one,

any feedback on this one is appreciated,
Thanks

thereshopeyet

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks

BigBear

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:41 am

Slinger- you know too much about scale theory to NOT be a TARGET member!! Come on over and jump in the pool! The water is great!! You NEED the Target program since clearly you are serious about the guitar.

Chord Solo1 is an excellent intro to chord soloing. As I recall it takes the basic chords from Greensleeves and then talks about picking out the melody and keeping the timing of the strums steady with the melody basically filling in.

As always, Neil does a great job of making this technique approachable.

See you on the other side!! lol! :cheer:

slinger

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:12 am

TheresHopeYet .... Thanks for taking a look and opinion. Yes it did look interesting!
Combining lyrical melody and chordal arrangement sounded like a direction I want to pursue. I'm not a singer and/or if I could, can't seem to sing and play at the same time. My auto pilot is not fully fuctional at this time :S

Yes! I'm sitting on the fence weighing costs on whether to purchase package or membership?
Both appear pricey :blush: (that's relative to what's out there via the net) .... But I do like Neil's teaching style and his song selections. ooo yeah! lots of songs!!
Was hoping for a sale promotion to get me off the fence :silly:

BigBear ....Thanks too my friend.
Understanding of theory and fretboard management has helped me a bunch. I'm just an ol dog trying to learn a new trick and I have enjoyed the ride so far, even though I've hit every pothole and detour along the way :S ...but I'm hanging in there. As with everyting else the more I learn the more I realize I don't know ....but that keeps the spark going doesn't. mmm??? If I jump into the water will the spark go out?? :blink: :laugh:

A Good Teacher teaches one to to teach himself and opens the right doors of knowlege along the way. I do sense this about Neil's lessons.

BigBear

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Slinger- us old dogs need to stick together!! Let them kids figure out what we already know!! LOL!

Just an observation but buying packages isn't nearly the value that membership is. The package thing started as a response to a few people wanting to buy individual songs. But then there got to be so many great Beatles, Pink Floyd, Neil Young and so on songs that packages made perfect sense.

I don't want to sound like a shill for the TARGET program but since I joined almost two years ago my knowledge and skills have skyrocketed. Hasn't done much for my singing but that's another story! lol! I've played for over 40 years and my skills in the last two have grown more than the previous 40. I'm sure all my new friends and all the great songs have inspired to make me to play and practice more than I ever have. Could be worse ways to spend my time!

You make an excellent point about a good teacher teaching us how to learn. Neil gives you enough to get started but wants us to develop from there. Obviously, I'm a huge fan of Neil Hogan. I'd be one of his students if I lived down there but I don't think he does as much one-on-one teaching as he used to. I'm sure this site keeps him plenty busy.

Well, give it some thought and let me know if you have any questions or need help!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic