Learning favorite tunes that aren't Target songs

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Lavallee

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:01 am

I agree with Suzi. People asking the question about what they saw on Youtube is certainly legitimate. However, I think a little diplomacy when a question is asked or a comment is made would seem appropriate.

Marc

reiver

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:20 am

I'd like to say that I agree entirely with schm040, Suzi and Marc's comments. More diplomacy all round would have been nice.

I also have to say that I thought that Neil and Matt had already done an excellent job of dealing with the original request threads that were posted last week in a helpful and complete manner and see no gain in criticising these posts in this way. I think if someone has been a TG member for a year they should feel entitled to ask when a lesson is likely to appear.

Stuart

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:20 am

I'd like to say something too, actually I admire that Matt and Suzi had the guts to speak up because I definitely hesitated to say something about this..

Like many others I bumped into Neil's lessons on Youtube and I signed up, because of his teaching of course, but also because of the songs that I expected to be there as a full lesson. And some of them (at least three of them) were not, I actually made a dissapointed comment on that on youtube..

Then again, there was so much in there that had me going (well you all know that) and for that I did go back on this particular lesson and deleted my comment and only then I noticed the banner wich said that it wasn't a complete lesson just yet...Maybe I'm insane, but it wasn't there the first time I watched it....so people getting confused doesn't surprise me, because I was as well..

But I do get that the longtime-members feel the need to defend TG, their loyalty speaks up, but like some already mentioned..there are other sides to this matter and we should be open to that as well..

Ness

TGMatt

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 am

I think enough has been said on this..

I want to clarify again, that happy to hear feedback , just presented in a fair and open way, not an accusatory or attacking way..

I had no issue with the previous posters question, only one line about some kind of deliberate play on our behalf to fool people, which is never true, if we ever miss something or do not deliver on something, it is always because we are delivering something else..usually more of everything else..we are always striving to overdeliver...always.

Since I am potentially the worst example of expressing my core thoughts on a forum, I'd like to think we can give anyone here a bit if margin for error, and that includes myself, obvious examples of blatant incriminatory statements are the exception, and here on TG are the exception..

People should feel ok about posting a question, it is always in the framing..and we should all allow wiggle room for less eloquently presented and in my case poorly spelled or gramatically incorrect prose..

In this particular case I got half and half , some perhaps poorly represented framing...

Lets all move on , grab some marshmellows and sing some Kumbaya

In fact a collaboration on Kumbaya is needed...

Thx all for showing up..

MarkM

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:36 am

Yep, you're right Matt, let's get on with it, am already eating marshmellows and enjoying the site as I did from day one! :P

Cheers

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:59 am

:side: :side:

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Thanks

tovo

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:07 pm

Guys, your views are absolutely valid and I take them aboard.

For the record, the post that prompted my thread was in the chatroom. Still is as a matter of fact. I reacted to it with my opinion.

A number of people though i was taking a shot at Chelsea-Potter. I wasn't. I thought his/her post was reasonable.

I'm not the moderator here, never tried to be. I expressed my opinion, some disagree. That's fine.

TGMatt

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:02 pm

tovo wrote:

For the record, the post that prompted my thread was in the chatroom. Still is as a matter of fact. I reacted to it with my opinion.

A number of people though i was taking a shot at Chelsea-Potter. I wasn't. I thought his/her post was reasonable.

I'm not the moderator here, never tried to be. I expressed my opinion, some disagree. That's fine.
Actually Tony I saw that live chat stuff.and you stood up for TG, and I absolutely thank you for it..

You have always been a champion for the cause, an I respect that very much..

Its all good folks, I myself am learning to take a less than an immediate jusdgement on things, and I hope everyone on here, is learning to do the same..

We have a good thing here..

Lets together make it better..

Chasplaya

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:04 pm

tovo wrote:

I watched the chat room conversation develop with interest; Tony the people you mention were definitely out of line in many respects, and most definitely they would most likely not say the things they did if it were face to face. I also saw CP's post and I stick to my guns here , it was misguided, and there is nothing wrong with being misguided, its how you respond to misguided posts and generally I don't for the simple reason its way too easy to be misrepresented or misinterpreted. I did say in my earlier post here that Matt did a great job and very tactfully responded. Therefore, in my opinion its best if these posts are responded to by Matt or Neil and not us.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic