Fingerstyle Lessons

Feel free to get outside the box here.
Acuity

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:21 am

I have looked through the lessons menu, but I do not see any section on learning fingerstyle. I"m not looking for songs, just technique lessons. Is there a section devoted to fingerstyle? Thanks.

Lavallee

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi Acuity, There is no a fingerstyle lesson per say as the fingerstyle vary from one song to another. There are some patterns like the Travis pattern that you can find in songs like Dust in the wind, Just Breathe and many others which are the same pattern throughout the song. Most of the songs have a different pattern for each chord so that you can get the melody. For all the songs that are fingerstyle there is right hand section.It explains very well how to approach the song with a close up on the right hand. A good one to start is with the house of the rising sun, where you will see the most important notion, in my humble opinion, the home position for the fingers (as Neil call it). Learn this and it will open a very large door to fingerstyle playing. Here is the link for the song

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

Have fun

Marc

wiley

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Lavallee

Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:05 pm

I agree with you Wiley (hope you are doing well) the Giuliani exercises are great for finger independence.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic